just ordered one of these for steps..looks pretty cool

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Looks just like a Cyclo Polisher.
Been around since the 60's and is considered the cats azz to many auto detailers.

Lots of different accessories available from brushes, scrubbing, waxing, buffing etc. for the Cyclo.

The drive attachment not accepting the wide variety of easily available Cyclo accessories would be the deal breaker for me.....if it didn't........does it??

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
we have a acct that requires us to do over 1k steps once a month

they are cgd but just tops no edges or risers..no way to stretch to them

That would be a killer way to clean steps. ( as in it would KILL you back, knees arms and legs)

Just get a Oreck orbilal or two and quit fooling yourself that a car buffer is the way to go.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
That would be a killer way to clean steps. ( as in it would KILL you back, knees arms and legs)

Just get a Oreck orbilal or two and quit fooling yourself that a car buffer is the way to go.

I have one..not really impressed with it..it's sits a lot. You want it? I will make a good deal for ya

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've had one for at least 10 years now.

It sits in my garage next to my OP machine.

It's noisy like a electric drill.

It gets on my nerves.

Reactions: GCCLee

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have one..not really impressed with it..it's sits a lot. You want it? I will make a good deal for ya

With a driver some juice and 12" pads the Oreck will run circles around those two little pads on that car buffer. You should at least give it a try and see what your techs say after a couple of hundred steps with each method since you already have one. With a Oreck you start at the top and work down. No bending. The head pivets to get the bull noses.

Last edited:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
In the past the orek just didn't seem to do much. We have used it a bunch of times

The unit I ordered has a 6' adjustable handle so we shouldn't have any bending

We will bring
The new tool
The orek
The stepson
And the grinder with pad driver and see what's what

Doing the job Sunday night
Report to come Monday afternoon with pics

Reactions: Royal Man

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have the Cyclo. I like it but it is loud. Yours is better with the mods made to clean upright instead of bent over.

Shorty has one. I think he likes his.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It sure looks like that tool could also give a hell of a good shoe shine to boot.

I bet if you do the cleaning + chip in a good shoe shine, it is gonna do wonders for tips :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've never cleaned the them with the upright handle but with the Cyclo it is heavy and it has quite a bit of torque. It will do a good job on them and the dry extremely fast. Which is a major concern in commercial work.

Back
Top Bottom