Just shoot me already...

Bob Foster

Arrive at the job. Driveway plugged with vehicles. She's out trimming the cedars around the front door right where the hoses go through with clippings everywhere.

We go inside and nothing is picked up or ready. I asked her if she needed to get her car out of the driveway before I started and she said no. So she proceeds to pick everything up and I price the job. Then she says oh yeah my cats have this spot that they like to pee... Ok.... I can deal with that but it will cost ya. No problem.

4 vacuum canisters later I finally get to the point I can pre-spray and CRB the carpet. About a bail of Persian meow comes out with the CRB. So then she says I got to go the bank for you can you let me out? ,,,,, ....... ,,,,,,,, ......(smile) sure thing!

So I unhook stuff and move the van forward on the road. You see they couldn't move the other three cars on the driveway because nobody else was home. So then I back up as close as I can to not block the neighbors driveways. It was at the end of a cul-de-sac where parking is tight anyway.

So back I go at it again on the wand and I look up out the front window and the neighbor and her son where staring at the front of my truck.... Gee thanks lady I just got all practiced up on putting bumpers on about two months ago.... She roasted it. She actually just drove in her driveway a few minutes earlier right past my truck so how she never took this into account a few minutes later I'll never know.

Wait it gets better, or should I say worse.

I finish the job and my customer who went to the bank to get some money for me decided to go on a mission to buy this fantastic Bissell vacuum I just told her about. I sat and waited for her for 45 minutes to get paid.

At least she apologized and said what a great job I did (again - did it last year too).

Sheesh......

DSC03650.jpg

Bob Foster

I'm glad there aren't very many. Les remembered me talking about her last year. Last year I had to get her to get her teenagers out of bed and get their stuff off of the floor and it was trashed worse last year. Oh, well....

Bob Foster

I'll take the shotgun Lar. Won't miss with that one and it would give some cleanup crew a nice job...

Becker

Name
Becker
My F150 was rear ended awhile back while I was filling it with gas.

Man even if I did not tow I'd have a hitch. Has saved me, or others $100s in repairs.

Sounds like a good day, next time let her write you a check or pay by card.
If anything you would have not lost 45 mins of your life.. LOL.. I spend down time like this returning calls or watching netflix on the iphone.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That sucks Bob but at least it wasn't too bad, it could have been much worse.

Larry remind me to knock before entering your house, looks like you're a SWAT team member! :shock:

Bob Foster

Those are Larry's guns.

Yesterday was a shit happens day. Well maybe it was a lots-of-shit-happens day...

Didn't matter, the Canucks won. somewhat amus

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve said:
Larry.....is that a m3 ?

an "M3"???

I thought i knew what it was, but had to google to be sure.
I wish I had an original M3

http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/grease.htm

Guys our age grew up watching WWII movies ..who wouldn't want a "grease gun" ... 8)

m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL5q29wnzks m]

The rifle on the left in the pic is an M4 carbine
(DPMS manufacture that I've tuned a bit)

The center pic is a Tac shotgun I personally built on a Remington 870 frame

The rifle on the right (and my favorite) is a pre-ban 1964 AK47 with Tapco hardware .
I bought it used* for down right cheap last year from some BD that needed cash .

*I tore it down and it was like new.
I don't know if it was ever fired ...it still had storage packing cosmolene all over it

Sorry Bob for derailing your thread..
But you gotta admit , talking guns is LOT less depressing than bent bumpers and PITA custy's :lol:

i have a little depressing news myself if it'll make you feel better ..
Tuesday I was red hot at the shooting match...won first place .
I SUCKED today at the match... :x
I'll be lucky to place 10th out of 25 competitors :oops:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom