Just used Snake Oil TS !!

Beclean

Supportive Member
I have been cleaning a carpeted area for five years now at an edible oil producing plant. Twice a week they have plant wide safety meetings and the carpeted area is always left with greasy footprints and heel marks. Previous owner was using a protein powder with biosolve and traffic lane cleaner and using a 175 with a bonnet on it for maintenance and hwe extracted 1 time a month. I tried matrix DS and like sweeney mentioned last year it left the area brown after a time. I switched to a mix of grease eraser with a solvent. I still use it because it works well but I was looking for a new encapsulant anyway so I tried some of the snake oil and IT ROCKS!!!! I have now used it twice this week and the second time i swear the carpet was cleaner the second time, seemed easier too! Way to go Les. Great product. Can't wait to HWE and begin with a clean base.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Beclean said:
I have been cleaning a carpeted area for five years now at an edible oil producing plant. Twice a week they have plant wide safety meetings and the carpeted area is always left with greasy footprints and heel marks.

Previous owner was using a protein powder with biosolve and traffic lane cleaner and using a 175 with a bonnet on it for maintenance and hwe extracted 1 time a month. I tried matrix DS and like sweeney mentioned last year it left the area brown after a time. I switched to a mix of grease eraser with a solvent.

I still use it because it works well but I was looking for a new encapsulant anyway so I tried some of the snake oil and IT ROCKS!!!! I have now used it twice this week and the second time i swear the carpet was cleaner the second time, seemed easier too! Way to go Les. Great product. Can't wait to HWE and begin with a clean base.

Beclean

Supportive Member
Thanks jeremy for the edit and the product.

Sweeny, I might have a rug issue for you to fix. Talk to you next week.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
RichHonestJohn.jpg

Hey Jeremy maybe you can help me.

I have an account that the carpet is so dirty with dry. The soil will not vaccum out though as the carpet is either greasy or it is just the construction of the carpet.

On this job I try to vacuum, but that doesn't help. We then prespray, scrub with 175, rinse with rx 20 going slow, go over the bad areas again with the wand, and then use pads to buff the carpet. After scrubbing the carpet is literally a mud puddle. The cord has black muck all over it. It's nasty. Because I have to go over the carpet so much I am really overwetting the carpet. I set fans to speed dry, but still I wish I didn't have to do all this.

You would think doing all that rinsing would get the carpet clean, but it never does. The pads are black after post buffing. After all my hard labor, stains still wick back in certain areas. Yes I have tried the polymer rinses (all fiber deep clean and the post encap spray stuff). They do not work. I just want to leave the carpet as dry as possible but get it clean.

I would like to just do a simple spray and suck, and then mist some encap (whatever you think is best) and buff with my 175. What do you have in mind?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Daniel.. have you ever tried a real pile lifter before? These types of carpet is where a pile lifter shines.

Procedure: Pile lift two direcitons. against the nap if possible. Regular vacuum to pick up even more. Then do a straight encap with an encap pad and a shampoo. Repeat this a few cleanings and extract every couple using a crystallzing rinse. LIke Snake Oil low foam or encap punch by releasit. It really comes down to having a real encap product. Not a film former or knock off.

Snake Oil, Releasit, and VAcaway products all crystalize beautifully. Many others form soil attracting films.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
In a difficult dry soil scenario like that I'd pile lift and then use vacuum. Anyway, your description leaves a lot of questions but it sounds like you're over wetting the carpet to me...

Is it by chance an un-even looped carpet or a California Berber? Anyway, if that's the case I'd recomend turning your PSI down, closing the vac relief on your RX, and making sure your spring releif & engine RPMs are set properly !gotcha! , using a glide(s) and using maybe thicker bonnets with a bit of encap misted on them and the carpet.

Try some bonnets like these for faster drying:
http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?ma ... cts_id=183

Cleaning out the customers vacuum filters & the vac ports on the RX20 may not be a bad idea either... I'm guessing one or both of you sucked up a hamster...

We are definitely overwetting the carpet, but that is what it takes to flush the soil out of this carpet. We set fans so the carpet is dry in 2 hours. Without fans the dry time would be a lot longer.

I would like to try a pile lifter followed by a good vacuum.

I can steam clean the carpet and rinse like crazy, but I never get all the soil out. The water just runs black in the sight tube.

I wanted to try a simple pre-spray and suck with wand. I know there would be a lot of soil left in the carpet. The carpet actually looks great just spray and suck.

Then I wanted to mist a good encap product and buff with pads. I feel doing the spray and suck first would make the job better.

If I could do a spray and suck followed by encap buff, that would cut the job time in half.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
What type of place is it??

How often??

Could be that the carpet is just at that replacement stage to.....

how often did they do it before you took over??

Contrary to popular thought...carpets DO need to be replaced :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back
Top Bottom