rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Went to a customers house to do a duct cleaning yesterday. Got there, did a walk around with her - I could tell she didn't have much money. She mentions the Groupon offer she saw for another company that was hundreds of dollars cheaper than my price, and tells me she had thought about calling me to cancel but she felt bad about the trouble she would cause.

I explained to her the difference in what I would do and what I would think they might do, and told her she was under no obligation to me, in fact, since her system fit exactly the requirements of the groupon offer she may actually be able to get a good deal as long as she checked their work (I told her how) and didn't get pressured into paying for any extras. She thanked me and I left.

Today, I pulled up to a very nice home for a customer I have done alot of work for in the past. Who happens to be there to let me in? The girl from the duct job. Turns out she's the nanny and has been for 3 years. Of course, the girl told them the story and I was the man of the hour for not giving her a hard time about the duct cleaning thing.

I had to think, how awkward and different my day would have been if I had been a jerk to the girl the day before.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
This comes into play more often than we think or realize. Not sure about the "karma" thing, but for lack of a better term it will do.

It really comes down to when to say no. No is not a bad word. It is often is the right choice, but no instant gratification. I saw a post on a neighborhood facebook page the other day about an appliance repair man who was called for broken refrigerator. It was a simple fix so he told her how to fix it on the phone in 2 mins. He didn't get a dollar out of it. She proceeds to blast his name and number all over facebook.

I have had a few of these recently. It is cool to see the dots connect. You never know who knows who. If you keep that in mind, it should help you make good decisions.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm a firm believer in steering the customer in the right direction no matter what. If I make money great, if I lose one or 2 job because of it.... I'll make it up for sure.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the NORM is for the customer to be upsold/undersold/oversold/ripped off/misled/etc

when they see someone honest, it surprises them

told a client yesterday that rather than clean his loveseat to remove a urine smell, simply take the cushions in and get the foam replaced, then gently wash the covers. No need to clean the rest. It was in the foam. Just by not cleaning the loveseat he was more comfortable with me doing the rest of the cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom