Keepin' The "Evil Doers" Away.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just picked up a neat little item from Meat and Bawbs favorite store....Harbor Freight. It's a driveway alert system, and they were on sale today for $11.99. It's basically a motion sensor and a receiver, and I just put a second one up today. One is mounted on my shed, and looks down the driveway along side the van. The second I mounted on the house, looking out over the drive and the front of the van. Ain't nobody getting near those vehicles without settin' em off. Course I turn them off at sunrise when the friggin' squirrels start moving for the day, but I, being an old fart, am usually up around then for a pee. Cheap security system that even the evil doers hear outside when they chime off, and they'll just go someplace else. I don't always put the van away during the summer, so it's a small price to pay for some peace of mind.

Neighbor hood is going down hill fast. Told my wife that if we move, I'm just going to have the house tore down and the lot seeded. Ain't nobody else livin' here but my family, and they have all gone on to their own houses. I ain't giving no crack whore a place to hang out!

Oh....and the dog?? She just sleeps all night........what an alarm system she turned out to be!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
rwcarpet said:
Just picked up a neat little item from Meat and Bawbs favorite store....Harbor Freight. It's a driveway alert system, and they were on sale today for $11.99. It's basically a motion sensor and a receiver, and I just put a second one up today. One is mounted on my shed, and looks down the driveway along side the van. The second I mounted on the house, looking out over the drive and the front of the van. Ain't nobody getting near those vehicles without settin' em off. Course I turn them off at sunrise when the friggin' squirrels start moving for the day, but I, being an old fart, am usually up around then for a pee. Cheap security system that even the evil doers hear outside when they chime off, and they'll just go someplace else. I don't always put the van away during the summer, so it's a small price to pay for some peace of mind.

Neighbor hood is going down hill fast. Told my wife that if we move, I'm just going to have the house tore down and the lot seeded. Ain't nobody else livin' here but my family, and they have all gone on to their own houses. I ain't giving no crack whore a place to hang out!

Oh....and the dog?? She just sleeps all night........what an alarm system she turned out to be!

LOL....i always look at those in the little flyer they send me..........

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
truckmount girl said:
Your neighbors are gonna hate you.

Take care,
Lisa

Lisa....you can't really hear it outside, but if you are near the house, you can hear the chime go off inside. It's just a cheap way to "pre-warn" me that somebodys lurking. The truck has an alarm, but by the time the alarm goes off, the thief has already attempted to break in and has probably done some damage to the vehicle.........broken glass, attemp to pry door open...etc.

Come fall, it'll be back in the heated garage.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
bob vawter said:
rwcarpet said:

LOL....i always look at those in the little flyer they send me..........

Hey, Bawb.....they are just cheap units that won't last the weather or the winter, but for $30 or so, it's a bit of security. The last time I caught someone trying to break into my vehicle was about 20 years ago, and it was about 3 in the morning, and I was taking a leak looking out the bathroom window. I looked over at my van, and some yokell was just ready to pop my vent window. I yelled out to him "What the F$%@ you doing" and he ran off. Little bastard.

GCP

can never be to safe, have you thought of surveillance???? there are a bunch of inexpensive systems, i even saw a post from someone here on mikeys a few weeks back about a monitoring system under 200$. id rather spend a little more money and have a safer nights sleep. especially when people see cameras mounted it, kinda represents to a thief that this place is off limits..

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
GCP said:
can never be to safe, have you thought of surveillance???? there are a bunch of inexpensive systems, i even saw a post from someone here on mikeys a few weeks back about a monitoring system under 200$. id rather spend a little more money and have a safer nights sleep. especially when people see cameras mounted it, kinda represents to a thief that this place is off limits..

Here's a neat web site for security cameras. Some of the local stores are using them here, and they work well and record the video.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... TId=3&SF=1

Not a bad price, either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom