Keeping your wand shining

Jamesh921

Name
James
How do you guys keep your wand bright and shiny? Aside from the daily rinse-down, what else do you do?
I sometimes soak mine in a vinegar/water mix overnight.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Jamesh921 said:
How do you guys keep your wand bright and shiny? Aside from the daily rinse-down, what else do you do?

Spray it and wipe it down with WD-40.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jamesh921 said:

we are talking about carpet wands ....right.....

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Jim Martin said:
Jamesh921 said:

we are talking about carpet wands ....right.....

I like to get mine spit-shined shiteatinggrin

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
sometimes i polish with a white buff pad. makes it look a little better.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
never cleaned it except a rinse on the head.

Thanks, now i need to go clean and shine the stupid thing.

gene

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sorry, but real men don't clean their wand.
They patiently wait for the dirt to naturally biodegrade.

It's called patience.
Try it!
It's well worth it. :p

Mike Draper

Ti wand doesn't get noticeably dirty. It seems to get plenty of hot, steamy action :shock: :shock: .

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
You shiny-wanders best keep you wands away from phosphoric (grout-cleaning) acid, and maybe even fiber-rinse concentrate. I've got dull dribble-stains on my carpet wand and Turbo-Hybrid. They will probably polish out when I have nothing better to do.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Aside from the obvious jokes that this topic always brings up...

I put 2oz of viper restore (acid tile and grout cleaner) in a cup (undiluted). Dip a corner of a small terry towel in it and just wipe/rub the dirt away. It will make it look brand new shiny!! Once you finished, spray a shot of your prespray on it to neutralize the acid and wash it down with water.

This is the single best way to clean up a dirty wand! I have done it tons of times. Even showed it to other cleaners in town, that would be scraping scratching polishing the wand and wouldn't come clean as my method would make them do.

I don't think having the wand in an acid solution all night is such a great idea (even if its a mild vinegar only). How would it affect the wand and- if there are- checkvalves and such.

Name
Nate W.
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Aside from the obvious jokes that this topic always brings up...

I put 2oz of viper restore (acid tile and grout cleaner) in a cup (undiluted). Dip a corner of a small terry towel in it and just wipe/rub the dirt away. It will make it look brand new shiny!! Once you finished, spray a shot of your prespray on it to neutralize the acid and wash it down with water.

This is the single best way to clean up a dirty wand! I have done it tons of times. Even showed it to other cleaners in town, that would be scraping scratching polishing the wand and wouldn't come clean as my method would make them do.

I don't think having the wand in an acid solution all night is such a great idea (even if its a mild vinegar only). How would it affect the wand and- if there are- checkvalves and such.

What happens if I put 3oz? :lol:

I perfer gag shine... But that's just me... Joking aside, my TI wand is a brushed finish and doesn't get used too much so it doesn't get dirty... shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom