Ken harris

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
i know there is obviously a legal battle involving ken harris, chem dry and greenie. Being new to this board and carpet cleaning in general, I just dont know the specifics. i know greenie is being attacked in some way. He has always been very honest and helpful to me when I have asked questions so I wish him the best. But how does ken harris, chem dry, and greenie fit into all of this? Does harris research have anything to do with ken harris? and how are they related to chem dry? please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject.

Chris A

Name
Chris
you'll find a lot of information here by searching, I know there's one thread somewhere that lays it out pretty specifically, just don't remember the name

Scott Rogers

Harris research has nothing to do with Ken Harris

Harris Research used to own CHem dry.

Ken Harris is the one who brought glides to the for front of our industry, but do to his poor quality and unscrupulous business practices, Greenie and others have picked up the ball and with superior quality and good business practices excelled.

Ken has always been irritated by the fact that others can do what he promised and couldn't deliver so he comes to the boards and talks crap acts like he cares and then sets the undertone that he will be the remaining force in the industry with his crappy glides.

Ken is a weasel, and will always be a weasel. He preys on unsuspecting hard working people.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Scott summed it up pretty well

I'm going to ASSume you know the legal hassles are over what HR considers a patent infringement for glides

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HR claims legal rights

clepto ken is just a carnival barking schmuck trying to make a buck off a the few rubes and newbies that don't know of him

..l.T.A.

Kelly

personally I think that plastic replaceable wand lips are a good thing.

Kelly

I just figured there might be a world of difference between plastic replaceable wand lips.....and a glide. you know....in a court of law or something like that.

Fon Johnson

The true inventor of the glide should sue HRI, but their patent ran out prior to HRI's "invention" and patent of the glide. Besides, the original inventors are likely now dead of old age anyway..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Just to set the record straight....

Ken brought the Teflon glides he had been producing to Connections in 2004. Chem-Dry sent him a cease & desist letter, which he first mentioned at the show.

Ken tried to modify the Glides at the show to satisfy ChemDry. This resulted in a Glide with less quality.

From there the legal wrangling and further modifications led to limited capital and less sales.

Finally, in 2007, Ken obtained a letter from CD stating that his single-slot Teflon Glides did not infringe on the patent in question.

Mytee is leading the legal challenge to Chem-Dry at this time.

Larry Cobb

P.S. Greenie also brought a prototype hole-glide to the same show.

John LaBarbera owns Mytee and posts on the ICS board routinely.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom