Ken Snow Memeorial tuition to mikeyfest any suppliers wish to help me?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So I'm wanting to create a annual tuition to mikeyfest in Ken's name. Ill need help with this so I'm asking the suppliers in this board if they wish to help out. I'm thinking airfare and hotel and Mikey can throw in the entrance fee. Everyone involved will have a vote on the rules and the vote to whom it goes too. Those that win will also have a vote each year for the next. Ill put some qualifications together that would honor Ken's unselfish natire and people will be able to submit whom they think whom most embodied his values that year. Even if no one steps up I'm going to do something but I'm asking all the advertisers here in public and ill ask Mikey to email them for me so we can do this right. I think Ken approve. So who's in? You can call me or email me of you want to stay anonymous. Individuals are welcome to help to.

Reactions: TomKing

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep free hall pass and if the winner is a supportive member here I'll even arrange for hots and a cot

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You guys are amazing. So right now we have $600 with what I can do and an anonymous donor. I will call Mikey later and start working on qualifications so people can either apply or nominate someone. We should also figure out a name for the award so we can make it an annual thing. I am in for the long hall and hopefully we can get some of the other suppliers to support it as well and if not then we don't need them us MBers can handle this on our own..If you guys have suggestions please fell free to jump in. I just had this strong urge to do something last night. You guys are all smarter then me so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
How do you plan to select a person? Based on board persona alone? That could be misleading to voters. Since we all know that there are shy quiet humble personalities that in real life are doing very well and don't need that type of help.

Reactions: Art Kelley

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Anyone is eligible to nominate anyone or themselves. To begin with those people wishing to help will become "the board" who will vote. Each subsequent year the person that won the year before will also have a vote. Only requirement for the winner is to show up. If they cannot attend then they need to be sure and remove themselves from consideration before we vote as I am hoping to get airfare and hotel covered. Right now we have airfare covered for most anyone in the USA to San Jose. each year will be different. Maybe we have a special purple fanny pack made up as the "trophy" :)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
This is what I have to far. Depending on if anyone else wishes to help sponsor this we maybe able to offer things to the winner. I would like to see full circle offer free minutes and Jon-Don offer a SFS. Service Monster a 90 day trial etc. Things that will help the winner succeed. I think Ken would like that. Oh and the Purple Fanny Pack I got to find one of those.

Ken Snow Memorial Tuition to Mikefest

1. To be nominated you must be a carpet cleaner
2. You should have the qualities or in need of the qualities Ken Snow personified
3. You may nominate yourself or someone else
4. You do NOT have to be a member of Mikeysboard but rest assured you will be one after :)
5. Those donating to the tuition will be the ones voting and all winners will be eligible to vote for future winners
6. Winner must be able to travel to and from and attend the whole of Mikeyfest

While not required a Vac Tat or the willingness to get one will be taken into consideration (good or bad) during voting :rockon:

Winner will receive airfare to and from the airport in the host city and lodging (travel to and from the airport will be the winners responsibility but we will help will getting the winner to and from lodging to the event)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok we have airfare covered and $600 towards room and board :) Donations towards helping the winner be successful and money towards room and board and transportation from the host city airport would be awesome. Any money left over will go towards the next year.

Reactions: Mikey P

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale

You DO NOT have to be willing to permanently scar your body with something that completely ridicules. :icon_razz:

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah....you wouldn't want to be ridicules

image.php

Reactions: John Olson

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL I sure hope everyone knows that was put in for a laugh. On a serious note what else should we put into the qualifications? This isn't about being broke or not being able to go this is about paying it forward and reconizing and helping someone deserving whom will take and continue to pay it forward. You can submit nominations in private to me or Mikey and we will share the names and stories with those donating to vote. I'm thinking we need to have a winner chosen by the first of the year get the plane ticket at the best advanced price.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
ok guys that are donating money send a check made out to me and il open a new account and put they money in it. I think we should decide at some point if we are actually going to make this an annual thing that we elected or delegate someone to be the administrator for the funds. I personally have no issue with handling it this time but I want to be absolutly clear this isn't about me and I don't want nor need to be in charge. Anonymous donors will always stay anonymous and whomever is the administrator has to be willing to take that to the grave. So what is your ideas? Mikey? Are there a couple of guys maybe three willing to form a committee to run this? Mikey should we put this in its own sticky thread or in the new Ken Snow room? Let's hear ideas so we can polish this up and start getting nominations.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ill be working on this this week. Those sending checks il open a new bank account to put the money in until we get a board together to adminstrate this for the long term. Hopefully Mikey can make a room of sticky thread once we get it all the particulars done. I've got a local guy in mind that I'm going to nominate and I'm sure there are people here deserving as well. I could use all the help you guys can give every suggestion is welcome. Ken gave a lot to the cleaning community lets make him proud.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree. I would think since Ken was a participant here I would think the person receiving this gift should also be a participant here. ????

However that's up to you guys to decide, John this was your idea and Mike it's your board.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm sending a check to pay it "forward". I received a check from the "Cleanfax" BB, members back when my Daughter died. It helped defray costs at that time. It was very appriciated. I'm hoping this will help some deserving cleaner attend a great event.....Mikeyfest!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm sending a check to pay it "forward". I received a check from the "Cleanfax" BB, members back when my Daughter died. It helped defray costs at that time. It was very appriciated. I'm hoping this will help some deserving cleaner attend a great event.....Mikeyfest!

Or it was Summerfest members.....I can't remember. I think Jaxson Loydd was running the "fund".

John Olson

Name
John Olson
He doesn't and that's why we/I need help. Personally I think it should be open to any cleaner that shares Ken's qualities and would benefit from attending Mikeyfest and would then continue to pay it forward. I really would like to see at least 3 people step up and take the roll of administrators. I am willing to run with this thing if not but I don't ever want this to be about me.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bumping this. I have received 1 Check so far those that said they are donating please send a check to me John Olson 948N 1610W Orem Utah 84057. Mikey needs to make this thread sticky or a new one so you guys can nominate people

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Your idea of a memorial to Ken by helping others is a great concept, John. I'm honored that you invited SFS to help in this.

So absolutely- In Ken Snow's memory we'll provide the deserving winner a free seat to any Strategies for Success seminar of their choice. And all three SFS instructors will take a personal interest in the winner's success. (Of course, Ken unselfishly did this on a daily basis.)

Thanks again, John.

Steve

PS We'll leave the judging to the committee that you come up with. Just let me know who wins and we will reach out to them.

Wow I sure miss Ken.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom