keywords

brendan

Name
brendan
ok,,,,,im getting a web site build,,,now my question is keywords and how that works,,,now im a computer idiot but im trying to learn,,,ok keywords,,lets say carpet cleaning dublin,,you can use that yeah,,,,but say i own a domain name with that how would that benefit me,,,??????????

Bob Foster

The game is easier to play where you have fewer competitors or less Google-aware competitors. Its well worth playing though when you consider more people Google than pick up a phone book.

It doesn't cost much to put together a decent website but the cost to obtain and maintain a top Google rank may or may not be a more significant ongoing expenditure.

Make your money cleaning carpet and spend the money to have someone make you a site and search optimize it. There are a lot of people out there that claim they can get your phone to ring from your web presence but actually don't really live up to those claims. We are fortunate in our bulletin board carpet cleaning community to have several good people who can build good websites or do effective SEO if not both.

Check current business references of anyone you are thinking of dealing with.

brendan

Name
brendan
hey fred,,,i have a domain chem2clean .com but what you mean by rich,,,sorry mate for sounding like a tit but just getting my head around this computer lingo

brendan

Name
brendan
thanks ben,,,im getting the site seo,,,had yp rep here yesterday and what i paid for calls to what i received was shocking,they still try to convince me there the kings when there actually giving me the information that there not,,,,so im trying to learn as much about online as i can,,,but sometimes its like a different language

brendan

Name
brendan
i own carpetcleanersdublin.ie and dublincarpetcleaning.ie what you think off them ,,,and yeah i life in dublin ha

brendan

Name
brendan
told you fred im stupid lol,,,,you say google going for brand now,,,so chem2clean ,,,google dont know that brand,,how can i optimise my brand then,,,,chem2clean,,,

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Use a domain name that "People" will remember. It won't help much for the searches anyway.

What you put in your title is more important Carpet Cleaning Dublin ...etc.

I like something that says carpet cleaning in it.

brendan

Name
brendan
hey brian,,,so should i buy domain names of say towns in dublin,,,like say carpetcleaningkilliney,,would take make a difference ,

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Keywords don't have to be in your domain name. If you own carpetcleaningdublin and dublincarpetcleaning you're the king of Dublin already. Just tie them together to get to whatever site you build.

From the questions you're asking, I'd second the recommendation to pay someone to do this for you. No shortage of tech-friendly people in your town, and they would know the peculiarities of Irish search better than anyone else.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
brendan said:
hey brian,,,so should i buy domain names of say towns in dublin,,,like say carpetcleaningkilliney,,would take make a difference ,

I would say yes only because people will remember "CarpetcleaningKilliney" somewhat.

I like short urls too. I have Cleandfw.com and I put that on my magnets and cards.
It's short and easy (that's what Jen said)

I like area codes in my urls too....Like http://www.carpetcleaning916.com
The area code 916 is very noticeable in that area.

What you have as your landing page and what you put on your marketing doesn't have to be the same either.

You can have "carpetcleanngKilliney" as your main URL but have something like CleanKilliney.com on your marketing stuff and redirect it to your main URL.

The point is to make the URL you use for your customer "easy" for them to use and remember.

PS. You're welcome for the avatar. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
No problem. That's what I love about this board. Teach and learn...learn and teach.

I didn't know all this stuff intil I started coming here and got more and more into it.

Listing to the gurus like Fredcc, Cermak and some others that have come through.

One idea leads to another etc.

I've learned more about carpet cleaning here than the 20 years previous in the business. I was a hermit and didn't really try to learn new things.

I always loved the marketing part and really focused on that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom