Kicking butt and taking names...

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
...taking names and signatures on contracts, that is.

We had some serious flooding here in the last few days. Yesterday was a good day. I landed two that took six feet of water on. Matter of fact, there was a few hundred homes that were flooded near a creek. No insurance on either jobs that I signed. Thankfully both were in great financial position. I decided to be bold and ask for a hefty fee up front. Both paid and the checks are cashed!

Plus we had several others that were moderate sized jobs.

I ran out of equipment so I had to, gulp, use some 1200s on a few of them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Congrats that's great!

When it's uninsured never be afraid to ask for more. We had a small mold job at a commercial building, not a regular account we asked for 1/2 to begin and the balance once we pass clearance testing. 4K to start sure helps with cash flow.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Welp, it looks like I have survived the worst part without having to buy a bunch of equipment. We've been playing musical equipment for a solid week. Thanks to the cash paying customers we were able to run light on equipment for a few days. The huge job that we did dried really fast so we are moving all of the equipment around again.

Thanks to Chavez for cautioning me about buying equipment like crazy right now. It was very tempting to buy a bunch of equipment right now. I think it's best that we make it through, count our money and think about what moves we will make now instead of being quick to spend.

Our labor has been very steep in the last few weeks. I think we've spent a good 12-15k to day labor in order to get through this. Sheesh, that hurts to see that money go out. I don't see how you big timers do that regularly.

Reactions: Art Kelley

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
That is awesome!
Love reading these stories, amazing how most of whats read here is applied not only in the field , but all aspects of our businesses.

That and we have The Worlds Greatest Taco to give advice : )

Worst thing ya could have done is freak out : )
Ax Doc about it...

Bravo Man Bravo !

Reactions: Art Kelley

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I did steal some of the Eliminator heat dryers though. I was ale to pick up 3 of them up for 2800 total. Whoot! I've been working on this guy for a few months. He finally let them go for reasonable.

We've been experimenting with them to see how they work.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Good deal Jeremy. Now assess what is needed and make your purchases with a clear head and not driven by "the heat of the moment".

We always add something after a run like that but also be sure to keep a little in the kitty also. :winky:

Reactions: GCCLee

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Two weeks ago you were bored with the business, this week all gung ho!

Isn't this industry great! Nothing like a big run like that to energize you. Just what the doctor ordered! :winky:

Reactions: Jeremy N

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Two weeks ago you were bored with the business, this week all gung ho!

Isn't this industry great! Nothing like a big run like that to energize you. Just what the doctor ordered! :winky:

haha, very true. Nothing like a flood to snap you out of depression.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom