kidney stones

Name
Ron lippold
Well here we go again this one is big, ive been trying to pass this one since sunday afternoon, what a pain. this makes 25 or 26 since i was 17

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Been through that too. The worst pain I've experienced in my life.

I hope it "passes" soon.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
Hang in there. I got my first one last December and have them right now, I feel your pain!!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Been there too. MUCH worse than my broken leg and surgeries.

I prayed for something to get my mind off the smashed leg, and a week later the kidney stones did just that. Be careful what you pray for.

G

Ron sorry to say this is some very very bad Karma and only happens to the worst

you must have done some thing very naughty in a previous life to deserve this

I thought Shiva only saved this kind of pain for Thuggee

BRSUMMERVILLE

The best remedy for kidney stones is two bottles of beer. It will ease the pain. That's what a doctor told me when I had them.

Bob Rock

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ron sorry to say this is some very very bad Karma and only happens to the worst

you must have done some thing very naughty in a previous life to deserve this

I thought Shiva only saved this kind of pain for Thuggee

Its bad enough that I have to worry about what happens in THIS life than worry about what I did before! Thanks for ruining my day Sanjay.

I'll have to ask my spiritual adviser, Terje Brevik, about what I can do to atone.

Though for some reason I can't see those Viking types worrying much about niceties like forgiving enemies or apologizing for much of anything.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
BRSUMMERVILLE said:
The best remedy for kidney stones is two bottles of beer. It will ease the pain. That's what a doctor told me when I had them.

Bob Rock

I've had one when I was in my 30's and the ONLY thing that even came close to helping with the pain was Morphine in the ER...and it still hurt. I've had gall stones too, and I'd rather have those than kidney stones ANY DAY (guess that's wishful thinking since I don't have a gall bladder anymore).

Never had so much pain in my life than with kidney stones.

Good luck, hope this is speedy, and get some freakin' drugs!!

OOOPPPPSSSS!!! This is Lora...not John! !dork!

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Hope it's over soon, Ron. Never had one myself but I watched my dad go through it several times. I've heard doctors compare it to giving birth.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I used to feel your pain Ron. I had scar tissue in my urinary tract that felt like I was passing a stone every time I pissed for over 20 years. 2 failed surgeries before I finally got fixed by a doc about 6 years ago.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Do you guys drink alot of Mountain Dew? someone told me once that a urologist they had blamed the stones partially on MD!? He mentioned this as I was slurping on a 24 oz Dew, mmmmmmm Could it be true?

Bjorn

to much fruit cake
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

M

markd9

Carbonated drinks have a lot of phosphoric acid, which some physicians (not all) believe leads to the growth of kidney, gall bladder, and even bile duct stones. I've been there, done that, and had them removed by (how can I put this delicately?) a scope in through the "front door", as well as had them broken down into smaller, more passable pieces via sonic waves. For a couple of years now I've been putting down a couple of ounces of apple cider vinegar daily, made palatable by mixing it with some low-sugar cranberry juice. And so far I've had no more stones. The a.c. vinegar is supposed to help dissolve calcium-based stones, and is the remedy of choice on numerous naturopathic websites.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I hope you recover soon, Ron.

I have read that compnents in green tea can help prevent buildup of kidney stones. I don't know if science baks this up, but I drink plenty of iced tea and have never had kdiney stone.

Scott Warrington

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I know how you feel, I had kidney stones last June and It was the worst pain in my life. Get well.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've had two. Passed the first one while on drugs. Second one was so big that it required surgery. Chronic dehydration was the reason I was given for mine. I sweat like a pig and only drink sweet tea. Doctor told me to drink more water. Water makes me gag.

clean one

I've only had one , i feel for ya. the pain is just sooooooooooo. till you have one you have no idea.
Hope it passes soon

Greenie

JOsh told me only the wicked are plagued with stones.

I'm doubling up on the cider vinegar.

On the water issue...I hate plain water too, I think that started during the Gulf war for me, anyhow a few grains of a powder like Crystal Light makes it all good, doens't have to flavor it, just remove the Bama nastiness.

Greenie

well...the burlap bag flappin in the wind on the side of the humvee isn't much better.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Sorry to hear about this Ron.

If it makes you feel any better I had really bad gas when I was shopping at Target this afternoon.

B

Bill G. Martin

I had to have surgery.....one of those 23 hour deals (for insurance reasons)

only one way in and one way out....(well duh)

at the end of surgery they put a stent in you that has to stay for about 6 weeks....

I thought a stint was one of those thingy's that was only 2 or three inches long.....wrong!

Stint is removed at the Doctor's office at the end of six weeks....he uses a one of the largest needles you have ever seen.

And you guess where it goes...yup, you guessed right....my Doctor was a smarty pants...he said this is goona hurt him more than it does me...LIAR, Liar, Pants on fire...

Then right after he shoots me, he picks up this strange, loooong device with a scope on the end of it....and guess where it goes???

He sticks the scope in my you know what and looks around for the stent....HE COULD NOT FIND "MY" STENT....he said which kidney was it in???...by this time I was firmly gripping the gurnney and my voice had risen two or three octives....I said rather loudy..."My right-My right" BTW this was starting to hurt....the deadening stuff in the needle only lasts for about 2 or 3 minutes and after that he has to give you another shot

He then calmly says "oh yes I see it now"....and then he proceeds to pull out this 12 to 13 inch LONG stent (remember...I thought it was only a couple of inches long)....I just about passed out right then and there while watching him pull it out.....he just kept pulling and pulling.....funny thing when I left his waiting room was empty....it was adjacent to the exam room I was in...

Bill in central Florida

PS I now DRINK a lot of water and yes Marty it is bottled..!

All joking aside these things do hurt....when I had my attack, my wife called 911, I thought I was going to die. I thought I was having a heart attack.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom