Kinetico 2020c

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Is anybody using this model or there a better model?

Does it slow down filling up your fresh water tanks a lot?

Any help on installing and hooking it up would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Bill Soukoreff said:
Is anybody using this model or there a better model?

Does it slow down filling up your fresh water tanks a lot?

Any help on installing and hooking it up would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Got any pic's, Bill? I assume it's a dual tank, non-electric model. I wouldn't think it would slow down the filling of fresh water tanks because it always has a fresh charged tank ready to go. I have the 50C model (1992), which has tanks about 18 inches high. One tank charges while the other is used for soft water. You never run out of soft water. You do have to have a place to drain your brine solution. Mine goes directly into the waste tank. I can copy my installation manual, which was written solely for installation into a TM system, and send it to you, or send it online.

What did that unit cost you? I'm trying to find another larger unit, but the Kinetico dealer around here won't move on price for a cash and carry. And they won't sell me a used unit.

What ever you do, make sure you install it in a containment vessel of some type to prevent any brine spillage into your van.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Bill Soukoreff said:
http://www.clearwaterfiltration.com/ima ... C_1009.pdf

http://www.kineticocommercial.com/asset ... 032011.pdf

I would love to get a copy of the installation manual.

Thanks for your help.

I've checked out the links, and those units look doable. They are neatly contained to protect the valve heads from damage and control spillage of brine. I will try to get you the install manual later today.

RW

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I run this Kinetico softener in my truck.....bought it off whatshisbutt here on the board.....best water softener I have ever had....I do not know what model it is...

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

easy to install and hook up....just add a bag of salt and let it take care of its self...It cycles about every 4 machine hours....some guys put a tank in there truck and just empty it out...I just drilled a hole and ran the tube down the mud flap..that way I don't have to worry about it...

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Jim, yours is connected inline between your fresh water tank and pump or before your fresh water tank?

Who did you buy it from? I am MB illiterate.

Thanks, Bill

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have a fresh water hose and it feeds from the building threw the softener and then to my machine...I have no fresh tank on this truck....

you want all your water to go threw a softener first.....is does not matter if you are filling a fresh tank or working off a hose hooked to a house...is should always go to the softener first....

I bought it from Ron Beatty....September of last year......

steve g

Name
steve garrett
here is the unit I use

http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.ht ... ++++++++++

its the best thing I ever bought for my truckmount. I recharge it every 50 hours when I change my oil, its pretty simple while the oil is draining and I do a few maintenance things its recharging takes about 1 hour. my truckmount has not had ANY hard water related problems in fact the temperature selonoid has never been off the machine in 2500 hours and the screen that is next to the screen and orifice has never had anything in it but a few particles, I have checked it every now and then but if I would never have checked it, there would have not been any need to in all that time.

mine softens the water as it goes into the water box, so its not softening as it goes into the thank. years ago I used a machine that had that kinetico automatic unit in it, we had problems with the automatic part of it and ended up having to take it out. I also am not a fan of carrying salt water with you in your vehicle. at some point that stuff is going to spill and its going to corrode things even if you think you got it all out of there. my unit leave the brine tank in the garage and is large enough to only need recharging after 50 hours, at least in my application.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I had one of those in my CDS and in the Vortex......what a pain it was to recharge and then have to back flush...they are good softeners......just not to user friendly for my liking.....I always made a huge mess every time I had to mess with it.....I finally pulled it out of the vortex and had a huge softener installed in my house with a extra connection for the truck.....and then with the new set up I have the one in the pictures above....the one I pulled out of the vortex is sitting in the corner of the garage..........

the kinetico system has been working flawless ever since I put it it...keep your salt level above your water line and nothing ever spills......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Jim Martin said:
I run this Kinetico softener in my truck.....bought it off whatshisbutt here on the board.....best water softener I have ever had....I do not know what model it is...

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

easy to install and hook up....just add a bag of salt and let it take care of its self...It cycles about every 4 machine hours....some guys put a tank in there truck and just empty it out...I just drilled a hole and ran the tube down the mud flap..that way I don't have to worry about it...

Bill...my unit looks just like this one. Only I run the brine to the waste tank. If you run it out on the ground, you could leave a big salt mark stain.

There is practicaly no where to buy a Kinetico other than your local dealer, and he probably has exclusive rights to one or more countys. Keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist, or your local classifieds.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Jim Martin said:
I had one of those in my CDS and in the Vortex......what a pain it was to recharge and then have to back flush...they are good softeners......just not to user friendly for my liking.....I always made a huge mess every time I had to mess with it.....I finally pulled it out of the vortex and had a huge softener installed in my house with a extra connection for the truck.....and then with the new set up I have the one in the pictures above....the one I pulled out of the vortex is sitting in the corner of the garage..........

the kinetico system has been working flawless ever since I put it it...keep your salt level above your water line and nothing ever spills......

you must have had a different one, mine has an automatic timer on the top all I do is, make sure there is no pressure in the system, turn the timer knob slightly to relieve the pressure that is left in the tank, take out a plug hook up the tank draw hose, turn on the water set timer to 1 hour, done, it draws the salt from the brine tank, then I think it rinses the salt out, then the last 10 mins of the cycle it refills the brine tank, all automatically.

I think there is a manual version as well, that must have been what you had jim, there is no backflushing or anything else to do other than what I describe. for a system that doesn't carry salt on board I have a tuff time imagining an easier setup. I did use a manual prochem softner in the mid 90's that was ALOT more of hassle, sounds like a similar system to what you had.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
mine did not have the auto timer....I always had to unscrew the top...drain it down..add salt threw a 1 1/2 hole in the top....reverse the water lines and run a drain hose to back flush it.....what a P.I.T.A..

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Jim Martin said:
mine did not have the auto timer....I always had to unscrew the top...drain it down..add salt threw a 1 1/2 hole in the top....reverse the water lines and run a drain hose to back flush it.....what a P.I.T.A..

something must not have been working right, your right that would suck. only problems I have had is occasionally like as in about 5 times out of about 50 times I have recharged mine is sometimes the refill mode will not click on, I normally just turn the dial back to 15 mins and it picks up the brine refill tank mode and fills the brine tank back up.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
The price here in Canada for a Mach 2020c HF is $2400. That of course would be less in the US as we pay a premium for everything.

It is a really nice unit:
High flow range up to 14.0 gpm so filling a large tank will be quick.
Regeneration volume 5 gallons, 11 minutes.
20 lb salt tank fully enclosed with the dual tanks. No danger of brine spillage and permanent installation.
Footprint 8"x18"x19" (width by depth by height)

splash4.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom