Koolsticks Seam Sealer

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Can someone tell me more about this item please.

KoolSticks - Seam Sealer KS100 SS

Glue sticks designed to re-activate at the same temperature as the KoolGlide® tape.

Perfect for seam sealing with the KoolGlide® System

Thanks,

Ooroo :roll:

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Yeah Shorty, they are the larger sized sticks 11mm thick (fit 9-12mm guns) and come in bags of 10. Cost here is about 10 bucks a bag from the kool glide agents. Yellow in colour. 10 inches long.
Lower melting temp than other sticks.

Use them along the seam on a patch, or to tack the KG tape to the underside of the carpet, and when you finally heat the tape the stick glue melts again and allows final adjustment of the patch, or seam or whatever you're working on.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
it means that you don't have to take the time to seam seal the old traditional way and wait for the sealer to dry.

Once you have the KG tape underneath, run a small bead of the glue along the tape.

When you 'weld' the tape, it reativates the extra glue you put there and that in turns seam seals the two edges and also helps strengthen the bond over all.

One of Steve's videos shows joining two pieces without tape just with seam sealing with a kool stick and was strong enough to hold.

Hope that is clear as mud.

John

Stevea

Hi Shorty,

Hope all is well with you and good morning, (from where I am anyway)

These sticks are a urethane, like the tape itself, besides a lower temp and the ability to be worked somewhat like the tape and on on, they simply hold much better that conventional glue sticks. One great advantage is to be able to use it, with a glue gun, on gluing tackless to a sub floor. It will hold and re-enforce the tackless very well. This will work on wood or concrete, very nice easy to use system.

It is certainly the glue stick to use.

That is to be added to all of the fine points already made. Just in regular usage, they will hold almost anything together. My wife has had me glue all of her little figurines and 'stuff' together and it holds almost anything I have used it on so far.

SA

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Actually, I meant the little glue gun on the Kool Glide site.

This is on the pdf file that details all the finer points of the KG, etc;

I am computer illiterate, so I was unable to download a pic of it :oops: :oops:

Thanks,

Ooroo :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom