Labor Force

This is kind of weird. I was at my suppliers Friday and someone mentioned Labor Force.

45 minutes later I get a call from a Labor Force sales rep. She gave me her spill that I could use someone weekly or only on bigger jobs whenever I needed help even if it was every couple months.

She asked what I would pay for general labor. I said 10-12 dollars an hour. She replied I was thinking you were going to say less. I asked her would people work for 8 dollars an hour. She said yes all day long.

I was thinking by the time they added all their fees etc. (they do witholding) it would be closed to 20 dollars an hour.

Nope for me to get an 8 dollar an hour employee to move tables in a restaurant etc it only costs 12.38 an hour and that should be tax deductable. I am not sure about that though.

I think I am going to sign up for this. Since I don't have more than three full time employees I am not required to carry workmans comp. State law says if you have three or more full time employees then it is mandatory.

I have had the opportunity to take on some big jobs but never do because they require workmans comp. Now I can use my regular help and get help from Labor Force when I need it. I can say I use hired help through Labor Force and they provide workmans comp for me.

What are your thoughts?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
think you are nuts for not carrying workers comp for the employees you have

quality of people is always a concern, theft, etc

shows how bad things are right now that people will work for that less, not even a living wage

Back
Top Bottom