LARGE commercial CC'ing....what VLM equipment have you used?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
and do you prefer and why?

Cimex? (and what size: 15", 19", 24" or 30")

Mach 12?

Brute?

GLS?

Cobb's or Guerkink's CBM?

CarpetMax? (or any battery-powered floor scrubber)

Low-speed Rotary?

Propane-powered floor scrubber?

Other? (please list machinery)

thanx --- Derek

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have 3-Cimex's, but Chad keeps telling me we need a Brute.

I like the speed of the Cimex's and the fast drying. Customers like the end product, however we still HWE extract the majority of our commercial work, but are slowly moving them over.

John G

Few weeks ago we did 120,000 square feet, we used two brutes and two commercial breezes.

I just use commercial breezes for the smaller job plus the residential jobs.

Greenie

Quarterly maint. we used 300 rpm rotaries, simply amazing for appearance enhancement and production.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
We use the 24" cimex, it really covers a lot of square footage fast!
Ours has the spray jets on the front, so its an easy 1 man operation without the mess of the shower feed. :)

Scott Rogers

I like the CBM's because the brushes scrub great and last much longer then pads of any type. It is super fast. cleans ok. but not very versatile

I like the Brute because it can clean very good and is very versatile and fast.

I have never used a Cimex, but I hear very good things about them.

We ran a Brute against a 300 rpm the other day. They both cleaned about the same speed but the Brute cleaned better. I had to hit the walk ways with the Brute after the 300 was used. We used the same chem in both machines and thin ones for the pads.

Greenie

the 300 rpm secret is Xerion. But you can't "pad" with Xerion so we'll never be able to compare. Amazing 15 min. dry times on commercial.

Frank P.

Using other methods than HWE

What criteria do you use to determine what method you will use to clean a given commercial carpet? If the job is maintenance how much less per sq ft do you charge than regular HWE?

Do some of you only use other methods than HWE on all commercial even if it is restorative cleaning. Several years ago I used a bonnet on commercial carpet in a hall because HWE wicked so much dirt up to the top. I think the chemical we used was not an encap though. After cleaning the carpet looked better but rapidly re-soiled.

Frank P.

brocksdad

I have a steamin demon, and I just got a sweet pacific low speed it is so quiet and has a 4 gallon shampoo tank. Tomorrow I will finish a 42k square foot job with it and another low speed for the encap part and the steamin demon for the 2nd floor and above hallways and waiting rooms.

gmoney

2 cx 20's (brute)
cimex
crb
15 and 15' CONQUEROR

We use the cx20's almost exclusively (always with pads); the speed and extraction is incredible.

We are being forced to use crbs and steam on referals we are getting from new commercial carpet installers on some of our accounts; definitely is slower.

Name
Jesse
On some use a crb.
Some we use bonnets @ 175 or 300.
I really like our readyspace on certain jobs. The battery life and size of the machine mean it's just not right for many jobs. It does extract well in restoration mode as well.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom