Largest Propane Belly Mounts Available

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
What is the largest belly mounts for propane that I can put under a Chevy box truck? I need two big ones. If anyone has them for sale let me know 319-560-7497.

Golden Boy

Bob Foster

Be careful about that. Do you need liquid fed or vapor fed? Trucks and cars that run on propane are liquid fed.

Some of the used tanks you see come off of motor homes that used to run propane water heaters and furnaces that are lvapor fed.

There are some that are dual feeds as in the case of the one I put in Ron's Judson Can-AM. In that case the Little Giant Heater feeds from the vapor pickup and the Kohler runs on liquid propane picked up from the lower liquid pickup. Those tanks are much harder to find.

A Little Giant heater is vapor fed (like a BBQ) it also happens that the type of conversion I did to make my18HP Briggs and Stratton on my Judson TNT to propane is also vapor feed. On my box truck one tank feeds the truck engine and the other feeds the Little Giant and the Judson TNT.

http://www.propane101.com/understandingpropanetanks.htm

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Bob I need the tanks that fuel my heater. Just like a Little Giant.

Golden Boy

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Manchester use to make a tank, size was approx 12"X48"
Total capacity was about 24 gallons. Useable capacity for vapor was about 18 gallons.
I had one on my Chevy. Lasted a long time. Last time I went to order one they gave me some song and dance that it was manufactured especially for some fleet or something like that and it was not available.

Bob Foster

I found my vapor tank used for 300 bucks. ( $260 American)

alumclean5-1.jpg

Bob Foster

I think you can get a 12 x 60 but are more likely to find a 12 by 28 and that's about 23 gallons of propane.

G

I have the 2 you need! $900 and their yours

My price might be high!, but hey your a Mikeys Boarder so you
can afford it!!

You make atleast .85 a sqft and booked up for 2 weeks!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ron Werner said:
[quote="bob vawter":z9rlazpv]kin THOSE THINGS blow up?
yeah. just like a gas tank[/quote:z9rlazpv]

or just like ur reffer dude :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom