Last-minute Skunk job

Mikey P

Administrator
I know there are some skunk specific products, that I don't have any on hand, and I have no time to get any ordered, so in your experience will any of these products work....

PXL_20230618_210538319.jpg

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Skunk off best bet, but you do not have it .So going from left to right #2#3#5. You ave an oxidizer and encapsulant go with those 2 first. Then follow with the # 3. Saturate an give solid 15 minutes to sit .Reapply again -wait then proceed with rinse type efforts...The oils hold the scent so you have to bust through the oil to get to the heart of the problem. Cold water rinse is also an option. So as not to supercharge with heat prior to removal of source. Also make lemonade out of lemons . Tell Saiger hey your missing a product line item .Gimme a cut ! Just like water restoration homes that a flooded for training. Odor removal should be like wise and this is a day course unto itself. Also if in a enclosed area .Uv rotating sanitary lites will neutralize within 30 minutes .Allow air flow for the off gas it will produce. Zebruktolite packages hidden will ensure no odor return .

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike J

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I once used a cherry deodorant from un
I know there are some skunk specific products, that I don't have any on hand, and I have no time to get any ordered, so in your experience will any of these products work....

View attachment 123102
Smoke on a skunk job. The cherry was so strong, they were wishing to have the skunk smell back.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm sure you've done something, but if not:

1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide
1 tablespoon of baking soda
1 drop of dish detergent

Works on contact.

If you have any chlorine dioxide stuff in your free loot, that works too.

Mikey P

Administrator

1 drop of dish detergent

Works on contact.

The project is tomorrow, so thanks.

Mix that recipe up in a bucket and "shampoo" it on?

Follow with a AFR rinse I assume.

If the fabric is soiled, which I'll assume it it, since she blaming her two Fur Babies for the Skunkin, can I substitute a uph shampoo for the dish detergent?

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The dish detergent is just to serve as a surfactant. Upholstery Shampoo will be fine.

That said, you don't need so much as to make it foamy, just a drop.

Spray all the affected areas, both hard and soft surface, then let it work. The longer the dwell time, the better, so if she's there, just put on your story teller hat and amuse her with snappy banter for 15-20 minutes.

After that, just clean carpet, rugs, and upholstery as usual.

On the outside chance that the dog(s) rubbed walls or hard surface areas, spray those places too.

Skunk odor is strong, but it isn't chemically complex like urine or cigarette. Think of it like a lock: If you have the right key (an oxidizer), it works every time.

Your only issue is finding everywhere that was contacted by the dogs.

Reactions: Mike J and BIG WOOD
Name
Jeff T
Isn’t Obliterate from Grey Matter Chemistry chlorine dioxide? ( little silver foil packs)…

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

1 drop of dish detergent

Works on contact.

Jim you got a remedy for blood? I have a job where I need to go back and work on a blood stained for the picky home owner. I was going to use Sally's Vol 40 diluted with water in a spray bottle. Or maybe Wink Rust remover.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Just make sure you dilute your Sally's with distilled, not tap water.

Did the spot just not go away, or did it wick back?

Non-human blood I hope.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Jim you got a remedy for blood? I have a job where I need to go back and work on a blood stained for the picky home owner. I was going to use Sally's Vol 40 diluted with water in a spray bottle. Or maybe Wink Rust remover.
As long as you're going to rinse, use 40 volume straight. Don't dilute it. Give enough time to work, 20 minutes to half an hour. Rinse with cold alkaline rinse. Last step if you need it, is to use a 2 part peroxide/ammonia solution. 50/50 mix, spray and walk away.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
This worked great on our dog twice.

Took two washes but almost knocked it out in one wash

1 drop of dish detergent

Works on contact.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Enzyme digester cold water helps too

Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom