Last of the SS Clear Heads..

Mikey P

Administrator
Unless Pemberton is holding out, I'm pretty sure this is the very last Clear Headed SS Upholstery Pro.

sniff.

Huge thanks to Ray at CMS in San Mateo Ca for letting me have this oh so bitchen tool.

20141230_183359_zps6ejovsrk.jpg

20141230_183714_zpsocpmf7wt.jpg

I'd still buy one twice a year if I had to. The benefits far outweigh the negatives.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Someone please consider making them :(

If I need to go back to the Blue stock head....Ugh!

I will buy another clear head if they come out....make that 2!

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
The last clear head. That's like the Willie wonka golden ticket. I hope they make them again.

Reactions: Mikey P

Able 1

Name
Keith
Not really sure the blue is any better as far as the plastic holding up, I see some lighter stress area's on my blue tool.. After I bought this tool around 3 months ago, I got flooded with upholstery and made like $10,000 it was perfect timing and got kind of getting annoying. My helper said "you need to buy a new wand so we get more carpet"..LOL

TanMan

Supportive Member
Name
Tanner
Hi Mikey,
Your starting bid should be $529 plus freight to you so you can make your money back

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I thought he was talking about just the clear head. So how much could ss sell the clear head for? Maybe if they see the demand they will start carrying them. Maybe they should redesign the head with a clear replaceable window on the front. Customers love to see the dirt.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's just the shell Tanner

But it's not for sale for anything less than $1000.

The subject of the clear shells have been debated both on and off the boards since Studebaker showed up with one at MF back in February 2014.

Here is my understanding of the situation..

• SS is not happy with the fit and finish of where the glide joins the vacuum port so they would need a new mold.
  • They don't believe it will increase sales enough to justify the cost of the development and manufacturing.
  • The Blue original is selling well enough to not bother.

My thoughts are.
  • Don't bother with a new mold this one is just fine. Sure a few anal Martys will notice a slight gap or bend but it in no way effects performance or longevity of the shell.
  • Walk into any supply shop and they will have at least three upholstery tools to chose from the average non bulletin board nerd will usually pick the cheapest one. How do you get them to move up to the $500 models? Make them more appealing with cool features.
  • Offer the blue version with the additional clear shell for more but at a slight discount if bought at the same time. Replacements heads (in either color should cost $60 or so)
  • Now here is the kicker, in big bold EBONIC FONT on a Minnie Pearl sized hang tag printedwith the following..

This Clear Shell is the result from the brilliant minds at Mikey'sBoard.com.
While it transforms this tool into the very best all around cleaning tool available,
it is not perfect.
You will notice that the glide does not fit as well as it does on the Blue shell.
This in no way effects performance.
Take it or leave but once tried you might as well discard the Blue shell as you'll never use it again

and on the other side..

-BE AWARE THAT DUE TO THE TYPE OF PLASTIC USED,
-THE SHELL WILL DEVELOP STRESS CRACKS OVER TIME.
-PLAIN AND SIMPLE, IT IS A WARE ITEM THAT YOU SHOULD BUDGET TO
REPLACE EVERY 6 TO 12 MONTHS IF YOU USE THE TOOL DAILY.

-WE OFFER NO GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY ON THE CLEAR SHELL.
-INSTILLATION SHOULD BE PERFORMED BY A QUALIFIED PERSON
WITH A MECHANICAL NATURE NOT NAMED MARTY.

or just make up a 100 more and let Olson, Pemberton and Ray sell them to members here with the same warnings.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'd buy them.

Have they REALLY had any negative feedback that was that bad?

Any rational person with any experience with "clear plastic" anything would not be shocked to know that wonderful effect won't last forever. I've replaced tubes on many tools, but they were worth it.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Mike,

Outside of Aerotech, Erik with the Zipper, Interlink, and Lisa with Greenglides, the manufacturers in the industry could care less what you want. Support the manufacturers that do ask for honest feedback and then make the changes to the equipment we ask for, that is the only way the industry will change for our benefit. Happy New Year!!!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I gave away every single one (well expect the one I kept for myself) I had for FREE. I don't know what Jim or Ray did but the guys here got them free and they were supposed to use them. Those that got them from me and didn't should send them back to me. I am honestly not real happy reading you didn't do what you agreed to do to get them free. In case you forgot you agreed to put them on and USE them and provide long term feedback to me and SS in exchange for getting them for free.

And you guys wonder why I cant get anymore made :(

Reactions: Mikey P

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
:clap::clap:No wont be needing midol for atleast 6 more months.

I just can't believe you come on here and beat us up all of the time, we have feelings you know!!!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
hey i already called you a bully!!! i am not sure if you know how this works, but you have to get your own term when replying to a call out on a public forum.

ya heard!!!!

Boom!!

Reactions: John Olson

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom