Lay out suggestions for Sprinter

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just bought a new Dodge Sprinter 3500, 170" wheel base extended.
It's a long mama!
I am going to put in a slide in and looking for advice-suggestions for a lay out.

I'll need a water softner, shelving units + room for the usual extra wands, tile machines, extra tools etc. I tend to carry spare tools for breakage and planty chemicals so the van is pretty loaded.
I'll also need some room to carry rugs.

I don't like live water reels and in general prefer to have less things that can break.

The van is narrow and tall and it might be a good idea to use the higher space, as there is never enough space, (not sure about stability if things get stacked up high though.)

Any pictures or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Name
Nate W.
kolfer1 said:
I've seen walt's its nice.
Who is Jimn?

The guy who installed Walts one. Maybe he has different pics of other installs. Jim Bethel from down under may have some, but they do use different vans then the US.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
CU "the Irish" and

Jimmy Olas

just a couple of other guys who run sprinters. They might have ideas what not to do with sprinter layouts.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I love Jim Bethel installations, they are the best. Only they make you reluctant to actually use the van as they look so pristine.
I'd love to see one if he has done anything similar to a Sprinter.
Jim!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I would have a custom vac reel made to sit on top of the tm. Never seenn it but always thought it would save space.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
This is the 4th Sprinter I have set up - you'll LOVE the van. Amazing mileage, tons of room, and a pleasure to work out of.

If you have any questions PM me.

The two biggest things you'll want to do to maximize space - and distribute the weight properly, get a console water tank, and build a stand for your reel - you'll be able have a dance party inside and still carry more gear than you'll have hoped for, and the van will drive like it's empty.

I changed the rear door panels, they now have custom stainless shelves on them that we have fabbed up for us - the door panels themselves are 1/2" mdf that we fiberglass resin to waterproof then wrap in indoor/outdoor.

This is a standard length sprinter, tall roof.

I do have a long tall boy Sprinter with a PC Everest that is going up for sale here shortly - pics to be posted soon.

13.jpg

Side shot with console tank

14.jpg

drivers side wall above the machine which has been wasted space in our other trucks, now used for our tile gear

3.jpg

Full shot of the rear with custom upper and lower door panels and shelves

17.jpg

19.jpg

Closer shots of the left

2.jpg

18.jpg

Closer shots of the right

5.jpg

Shot of a custom reel stand, lets us get the reel all the way to the left, and provides storage underneath for a power stretcher

4.jpg

Closeup of the fuel tank, overtons inboard w/ return line

6.jpg

Chem rack w hydroforce wand and stair tool holder built in, above it is home for the P/C Ti wand

8.jpg

Closeup of stair wand mount

15.jpg

7.jpg

Closeup of spotter mounting with on board water softener behind it

Steamer stays up front along with our repair toolbag and dye kits - and we still got a LGR 2400 and 14 air movers in it with ease. Going to get a hitch and then a hitch caddy put on this week that will hold 2 dehu's, so we can fit about 20 airmovers and a hydro-x in it.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
OMG that is awesome. Can I borrow it sometime? One question.... Why do you have an onboard fuel tank? Cant do a fuel tap?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
We use Marine tanks on our PC machines....Very easy to track fuel economy of unit
and van...I assume he is using a 12volt fuel pump..$49.00... :wink: Constantly have
FRESH fuel to unit...

Much easier to maintain that fuel system...Easier to DIAGNOSE..equipment problems
without....guessing if your in-tank tap is an issue...SWEET set-up..NICE JOB... 8)

pHilh

Just imagine a slow speed crash at say 30mph and all that tile gear now residing in the back of your head !dork! thathurts

It`s got me why you blokes don`t have safety barriers :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

024.jpg

SlideDrawer.jpg

SideView.jpg

This is a Bethel install..... :D :D :D

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That is an excellent point Phil, I'll make sure I'll put in a barrier.
I guess we don't think that we are ever going to be in an accident.
Point well made.

Is that one of the smaller Sprinters?

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
kolfer1 said:
I love Jim Bethel installations, they are the best. Only they make you reluctant to actually use the van as they look so pristine.
I'd love to see one if he has done anything similar to a Sprinter.
Jim!

Hi Ofer,

This is a Sprinter (but it is a cab chassis) - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34531&p=379727&hilit=genesis#p379727

And Phil's Fiat isn't so small, it is just a large as a spinter. Here is the link for more pics of it - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20507&p=223878&hilit=genesis#p223878

Here is a Iveco Daily van (same size as a spinter)
DSC04453.jpg

And this is one option for the inside of a van of this size is to install the TM up the front sliding door, and rack out the back to carry whatever you want. This has a water tank and can carry quite a few airmovers
PowerCleanInstall2.jpg

Jim

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
That is a very cool set up. I would wonder about the gasoline tank inside. Would it meet DOT regulations ?

Gene

jimn

Hello,

Here are some pics of the fit-outs we have done here @ PowerClean. Hopefully you can get some ideas from them.

DSCN1817.jpg

DSCN1769.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg

DSCN1671.jpg

DSCN1667.jpg

jimmyolas

couple things i like about my set up is the extra storage under my tm ( sprinters are so tall u lose much use of the height advantage were the tm sits )
march080262816x2112.jpg

second is the AT shelves are adjustable and have 4 shelves.
march080272816x2112.jpg

This van is the shortest of the height and length that they now make.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jimmy,
That is a good point.

What are AT shelves?

Also you got the vacuum hose reel by the machine, both accessible from the side door. How is that working for you?
It does give a lot of extra space in the back. However,
1) Is the machine comfortably accessible for maintenance?
2) Is rolling back the vacuum hoses easy?

Also, does getting the weight of the slide in higher negatively affects the stability of the Van? They are so tall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom