Leaky Quick Connects

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've been using a combination of SS and brass for a few years and have gotten better wear from the SS males(they don't mushroom out like the brass). I still have a lot of leaking after I take the quick connects apart(both male & female). It seems the spring isn't strong enough to reseal the plug. Anyone have an answer for this. I hate the dripping in the van.

G

I 2nd that, but you also should some how either protect them, or quit dropping and dragging them :lol:

Kevin

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Yes, but if that's the case I might as well go back to all brass.
I don't drag mine at all, they get carried back to the van. They look great, just leak.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Shane;

I like the use of SS for the male QC's.

If they are not damaged, then the leaks from the poppets are caused by O'ring failure.

That could be caused by high temps, or chemical attack.

Some of our customers use Viton QC's for that very reason.

Larry Cobb

John Watson

So they are just being stored and transported in your van and drip.

Just plug the male into the female stoopid, no more drips in van, opps might be wrong on that too!!!

Mr.V

I never had too many problems with the ss qc's on my Powermatic but I replaced my brass connectors quite regularly (every few months) they never seemed to last.

but they lasted alot longer when i ditched the solution hose reel

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
John, I dont' run a live, consequently when I take off what I need and then leave the unused male lay in the van it tends to leak on the floor. Also at times when I will am taking off a section it will leak and even spray out(especially if the wand is on a higher level ie. second floor). It also leaks out a lot as I'm rolling up.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ahhhh, I got you now.
it's the male QD, not the FM

those are much less expensive.
maybe go back to brass and replace more often??
Brass are only 3 bukz or so, no?
buy plenty when they're on sale.

.L.T.A.

Cousin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stand aside ol fellas :shock: , lets get this thread back on track.

Shane, the quick connects will leak after some use as the centre (spring loaded) will not seal back into the seat properly.

Sometimes this is through corrosion, but often the quick connects themselves are just plain dodgy, and the 'saddle' holding the spring doesn't allow it to line up square.

Either way, turf the leaking offender, and buy a new one.

Right, I'm done.

You two, gloves at three paces and back into it :twisted:

M

John Watson

I guess I have the same problem as you, cept my reel is on the Rt Rear door which is normaly left in open position while we are cleaning and 2 50 ft sections of of pressure line (we carry 4) is stretched out. I hear the female gurgle now and then, but if it drips it does it on the ground, no drips once cupulated to the male.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom