Leather binding under the rug

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Never had a rug with hand sewn leather binding underneath edging.
Interesting.

Me, approached with kid gloves, ea$y clean though….but not wet cleaning thats for sure.

IMG_1672.jpeg IMG_1671.jpeg

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Never had a rug with hand sewn leather binding underneath edging.
Interesting.

Me, approached with kid gloves, ea$y clean though….but not wet cleaning thats for sure.

Don't clean it!! Ship it to us and we will clean it for you!!

Actually we see those come through all the time and I can't ever remember any issues with them aside from some of the threads holding it in place had come loose. We put them through our normal cleaning process.

Name
Evets
We clean them all the time. I really don't understand why people get so skittish about rugs.
Dye-LOC to prevent bleeds. It may still bleed, but the Dye Loc prevents the other fibers from accepting it

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Benjamin Franklin famously advised fire-threatened Philadelphians in 1736 that “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
it's Naugahyde and it's only there to prevent edge curl.
It's only there because 70 years ago rug sellers tried leather to prevent edge curl.

It really does nothing. Look at those big, loose stitches into vinyl and tell me that will overcome a too-tight weft.

There are likely few old-timers that know the history of "better rugs all have that" so not a marketing plus anymore. Not sure why they still do it.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's only there because 70 years ago rug sellers tried leather to prevent edge curl.

It really does nothing. Look at those big, loose stitches into vinyl and tell me that will overcome a too-tight weft.

There are likely few old-timers that know the history of "better rugs all have that" so not a marketing plus anymore. Not sure why they still do it.
Exactly but the mystique of that fine Corinthian leatherette and its ancient chineses secretly purpose, carries on to this day, obviously

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom