Leather class at mMikefest5?

Interested in a short leather class @ MMF5?

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Steve Polous the Leather God wants to come out in March and tech a 2 to 4 hour class if there is enough interest.

Steve G. Poulos lives, breathes and sleeps for a chance to talk dirt! He has been in the cleaning and restoration business for over 20 years and has trained several thousand cleaners in the technical as well as the business aspects of the industry. He brings with him not only a vast knowledge of the industry but a true love for the trade. Because of the many hats Steve wears and pioneering approach to new ideas and products opportunities have allowed for him to teach in all parts of the U.S. as well as England and Australia.

Steve’s expertise comes from years of experiences with his own cleaning and restoration firms. He has also worked along side with interior designers, carpet manufactures, adjusters, departments of health and the University of North Carolina. Steve’s background in finance along with strong customer service ethics puts him as a true leader in the industry as well as a requested source for knowledge and education.

Steve is an IICRC Master Textile Cleaner and Restorer and just completed Leather Cleaning Technician (LCT). He held a position for 6 years on the Board of Directors with the Mid South Professional Cleaners Association and served as the Executive Director during their reorganization. Steve has served as the Regional Editor of Cleanfax for 5 years and has also served on the CUCI council of ASCR.

As well as being on Instructor, Steve is employed with HydraMaster/CleanMaster as the Eastern Sales Manager and Trainer. Steve is driven to expand their chemical line as well as make innovative advancements in chemical composition. As a previous distributor himself he brings familiarity and skill to the East Coast Distributors as well as their clients in both company sales growth and training. He loves to demo his Hydra-Van any time he is requested. Just ask!

John Watson

Steve taught me my first leather class, (It was BP back then) been to a few other of his classes and he IMO is a Great Instructor. He can stand on his head and teach too, Cause thems down under, understood what he was teachen too!!!

John Watson

Thats entirerly up to you and yor cronies if they are hitting the keg, all hung over, blinded by the cigar smoke(I really do love that smell) or to puffed up to want to sit and listen to someone who knows direct them in what should and should not be done.

What also might help the shorter teaching periods is if there was a complete paper or CD disk of what is being taught for us to take with, cause even with the best intentions, not all important information is relayed and recieved properly so others like me with learning disabilities can understand..

Tooneys multi day restoration class only spends a few hours on cleaning. I believe the secret is in Identification of the different finishes applied and what we can do as far as cleaning goes

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I wholeheartedly agree, Steve is a top instructor with an interesting dialogue to go with the teaching.

Attended some courses by him down under a few years back & found him relatively easy to understand, much like John Watson, but with an extended drawl :lol:

If I could be there, I would definately attend again.

Yes my dear Watson, it's elelmentary, I still do have my leather triangle patch from BP for their leather course many years ago also. :wink:

Imagine Steve, Tony, Roger & Lonnie in the same class :shock:

Ooroo,

:roll:

Steve is one of my favorite instructors...he knows leather better than anyone else that I know of....

Walt

I would be very interested if it were well organized.

Booklet or CD Rom would be a real bonus.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Steve is a great guy, tons of experience, lots of fun and very positive - a terrific person to learn Learn Cleaning from.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom