lectric vac config..why series or parallel ???

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Scott's post about the new Nautilus porty

"This could put an end to the questions "Should the vacuums be in series or parallel?"
In less than a minute you can open it up, pull the handle and change from series to parallel. Have it either way. Very interesting manifold.
"

series or parallel vacs....
i know I've read the debates in the past ..
i vaguely recall that one delivers more airflow and the other more lift ...or something like that????

so how 'bout someone explain the supposed virtues of one over the the other

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wellhell....49 views and nuttin'

sorry, Scott, Terry, Labarbera and the rest of the lectro guys
guess no one GAS about portys .... whether bolted to a van floor or rolled out...too much of a niche tool i reckon to generate much interest here

..l.T.A.

TomV

Name
Thomas Valentine
short answer is for short distance use vacuums in series (better lift but less cfm) for longer distances a parallel set up works best. Under 40 feet or so the lower cfm is compensated for by the proximity of the recovery tank.......

Lonnnnnnnnng answer:
Air Series: In a Series application, one vacuum motor feeds the heated discharge air into the intake of the second motor. This effectively increases vacuum suction (inches of waterlift) by 60-70%. This design is not recommended because higher temperatures result in lower motor life expectancy. In addition, extra care, particularly with Flow-Thru type and Peripheral bypass motors must be taken to ensure that the discharge air and motor cooling air are separated. The best dual motor systems utilize two Tangential bypass motors which ensure heated discharge air and cooling air are separate.

Air Parallel: While operating vacuum motors in air parallel, two motors draw air from a single plenum chamber. This has the effect of nearly doubling the Airflow (CFM) of the system while the vacuum (inches of waterlift) level remains comparable to if a single motor was used. "When applying motors in this manner, care must be taken in the design to accommodate the increased airflow. "If restrictive tools and hoses are used in a cleaner, the potential air flow advantages gained by the parallel arrangement may be negated."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom