Lei stains

Mikey P

Administrator
Help! Mike, we had a party at the SF house last night which had a Hawaiian theme. Someone brought leis for everyone to wear which shed all over the place and get stepped on and smashed into the carpet and floors leaving purple stains from the purple orchids. Can you help us remove? This is terrible. Below is a picture of the culprit.
Thank you,
L***

download

This home is on Billionaire Row up in San Fran..

Any one ever dealt with this? I would think 40 and Fels would do the trick but this is uberspensive handknotted installed wool.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I also have a high end account also with wool carpet that spilled a blue big gulp on the carpet a couple of months ago and was able to get all the stains out with Saphires' enzyme cleaner added to my prespray. But I scotchgard that carpet heavily twice a year. But I would also try Magic Wands' OSR for wool, it is an organic stain an it should also work (charge for a second visit as you would probably have to go back to rinse the residue).

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yep.
That's Broadway st. by Lyon St. stairs. Amazing view of the bay.

I'd avoid 40 vol on wool, unless evrything else proved to be unsuccessful and they sign a nice release of liability.
Use cold water not to set the dye, natural enzymes, wool spotters, Naphta etc, before going the reducer/oxidizer rout.
As usual try in the closet first and see if using one before the other will set the stain (also supposedly oxidizers should be used before reducers).

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Room temperature will be enough for the enzymes. If you wish to accelerate, put a bucket with warm water (separate with a towel) on top. That will not set the stains. If it is from Orchids, there isn't a lot to digest and the dye most likely be the real issue.
Also, Master blend have wool safe enzymes. Not to talk about your friends at Talisman.

Before going all out, see if you can try first in a hidden area or re-create same stain in a hidden area (closet) and do your experimentation there.

Got a few clients there, all with woven wool carpets that cost more per room than most of us make in a year.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

I just stained some off-white nylon carpet with 3" wide by 10" purple dye stains,

for some continuing dye stain removal work.

These stains are from PVC purple primer.

I have several stain removers to try tomorrow for effectiveness.

One will be our 50 volume Dynachem Brightener, with & without UV lighting.

Larry

P.S. Purple Orchids stems are commercially soaked in purple dyes to enhance their natural color.

Last edited:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Solvent, then oxidisers, then reducer, in that order.

Show us some photos too.

Grant

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Did it come out?

The kids up at KU had a Hawaiian party.

In true coed style they trucked sand into the apartment, 3-inches deep from end to end. :eekk:
It was the middle of winter and They turned up the heat, the kids had on trunks and bikinis.

You'll see a lot of crazy things on campus but that's been the topper. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom