Lema goes in for the NASA kill....

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
This post thoroughly guts the CRI use of NASA technology in their testing...with their OWN words...

Very nicely done...

http://www.carpetdiemblog.com/2010/09/confused-or-misinformed-or-something.html

Pass it on!

Lisa

P.S. Any of you yahoos (that is a term of endearment....) want to come to see the testing in AZ - we have a one day $10 donation offer (to Make-a-Wish) for Wednesday of our Conference. If you want to plunk down the hard cash for the main Conference Days, you can... but I made the "almost" free day so that if anyone wanted to come for the day, they could, and they'd get some goodies too.

http://www.CashCreationEvent.com

Hopefully this opening up our event won't blow up in my face... :shock: With all my muck-raking under the Piranha brand...if it gets ugly I'll have to skip town and come here and I guess be a moderator. I hear the pay is REALLY good.

lance

I'm not a yahoo, just a rebel.

Thank you for the offer Lisa....i just signed up.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
joeynbgky said:
I keep missing a call from Victoria, and when I call back. The phone is silent, wont go threw.

That's weird...I'll get you connected on Tuesday - enjoy your weekend!

Lisa

Bob Foster

Gravimetric analysis describes a set of methods in analytical chemistry for the quantitative determination of an analyte based on the mass of a solid. A simple example is the measurement of solids suspended in a water sample: A known volume of water is filtered, and the collected solids are weighed.

In most cases, the analyte must first be converted to a solid by precipitation with an appropriate reagent. The precipitate can then be collected by filtration, washed, dried to remove traces of moisture from the solution, and weighed. The amount of analyte in the original sample can then be calculated from the mass of the precipitate and its chemical composition.

In other cases, it may be easier to remove the analyte by vaporization. The analyte might be collected—perhaps in a cryogenic trap or on some absorbent material such as activated carbon -- and measured directly. Or, the sample can be weighed before and after it is dried; the difference between the two masses gives the mass of analyte lost. This is especially useful in determining the water content of complex materials such as foodstuffs.

X-ray fluorescence (XRF) is the emission of characteristic "secondary" (or fluorescent) X-rays from a material that has been excited by bombarding with high-energy X-rays or gamma rays. The phenomenon is widely used for elemental analysis and chemical analysis, particularly in the investigation of metals, glass, ceramics and building materials, and for research in geochemistry, forensic science and archaeology.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom