Les Jones, Judson Jones, Greenie, and Larry Cobb

timnelson

Duane Oxley said:
You don't have to. Your son has that department covered pretty well, I think. Not that there's something wrong with that...

Duane,
Expect your warning note any time now. :wink:

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
judson jones said:
He is promoting a heat exchanger that can be cleaned,

That's a very small part of it, in the overall design, actually. The patent application has 20 dependent claims and 4 independent ones. But I won't turn this into a sales promotion.

judson jones said:
My credentials, BS degree ,Textile Chemistry,Clemson Univ.
Whats yours??

B.S. Psychology
Assoc. Criminal Justice
Partial MA Psychology
6.5 years national sales (telephone / on the road / direct) from 1981 to 1987 of truck mounts and chemicals prior to having a carpet service company
Just under 1 year working in Dalton with a major carpet dye supplier
Taught seminars on carpet dyeing for 8 years
Taught seminars on carpet repair for 2 years
Full- service 4- truck carpet service company for 8 years
Manufacturer of truck mounts for over 12 years
Manufacturer of chemicals for over 11 years

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Greenie said:
You guys should take this to the rubber room, no time for pissing here.

Agreed.

When you get into a pissing contest with someone, you both lose.

Been there. Done that.

Fon Johnson

I have to say I am a little disappointed. I don't understand what made Judson go off the deep end there.. Each manufacturer is proud of what they produce. It has been years since Duane has been into "pissing matches". I'm not quite sure he deserved that flogging.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
"Flogging"...?

I sure didn't (and don't) feel, "flogged"... :?

I do feel a little embarrassed about being a participant in the "contest", though.

Reminds me of some of the spats John G. and I used to get into, before we both wised up and realized that it would go on endlessly and for no ultimate gain of any kind.

Now, when I see him at an event, I buy him a "Scotch and milk" and he buys me whatever I'm having.

We simply agreed to disagree at first. Then later, we found that both of us were actually right, as ironic as it is. And we still laugh about the whole thing. (Though I still haven't bought into his way of cleaning and vice- versa).

The point that started this skirmish was my statement that simplicity, as weird as this may sound, "can be taken too far".

I could have (probably should have) used another example- a heat exchanger system that has a bypass on the wand and no way to control temperature. (Note no brand name mentioned here.) Yes, it's simple. As simple as it gets. But you can't put the wand down without an either / or consequence. (Either the recovery tank fills up, or the system overheats) In that case a bit more planning would make the bypass unnecessary- and do so simply.

There are other examples to pick from. I should have used a different one, in retrospect.

Fon Johnson

Duane Oxley said:
"Flogging"...?

I sure didn't (and don't) feel, "flogged"... :?

I do feel a little embarrassed about being a participant in the "contest", though.

I guess I was just reading between the lines.. I never saw any of your posts as an attack on anyone here, but obviously Judson felt differently. I just don't want to see another brand of those "method pissing matches". Nobody benefits (as you just said.)

Bob Foster

Dwayne:

If you want to play with the big boys and make equipment maybe you could earn a little more credibility by not hijacking other TM manufacturer's threads and do what they do and post your propaganda in the Suppliers Specials Room.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom