Lesson learned today

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
While cleaning a regular yearly client today A realization smacked be across the head.

First off we send reminder letters out yearly. I have always directed my wife after getting the list to mark out the commercial monthlys, then One of us will mark out the ones we "know" we have cleaned Since then, then mark out any "I don't care if we ever clean for them again" ones, then go through QB and mark out those that we had serviced since, then mail the rest.

Well, today we show up at one of my better clients and I said to my tech I am surprised that she is cleaning again so soon because I know we cleaned her last fall. During the walk through there were the normal 4-5 pee areas some light traffic issues and that's about it. I reviewed the invoice with her and we started working. Later I noticed a sheet laying beside the invoice so went over to investigate thinkIng she had a referral discount that we needed to take off the invoice, but, low and behold it was a one year reminder letter! When I returned to office that night I found we had cleaned her exactly 6 months prior as I suspected!

So we have adopted a new policy where we will send our reminders at 6 months instead.

Now before the SM and other folks start bashing me with your clubs I will say that I thought the 3 & 6 months reminder cards were a bit extreme andI felt was just a method for SM to increase their invoicing. However, my eyes have been opened and now I see the light!

Am I The only cleaner on here that shares my stupid mistakes and am willing to take your lashings?

Last edited:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
My mistake was much bigger I didn't mail anything the first 2-3 years in business.

I would have thought like you, that the 12 month card would be the best but for me, my 9 month card pulls the best with the 6 and 3 month cards VERY closely behind.

Actually the 3,6 and 9 month cards each pull over three times better than my 12, 18 or 24 month card.

I would be curious if other people have similar experience. The order mine pull are
1. 9 month
2. 6 month
3. 3 month
4. Thank you card
5. 18 month
6. 12 month
7. 24 month

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: BLewis

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Most cleaning is event driven. ( An accident/spot, party ,graduation, new baby, in-laws coming to stay for a week, they got a fat check, new furniture, putting house on market etc......) NOT CALANDER DRIVEN!!!. That is why they need to be mailed often. Then the client will say, " you mailed at just the right time. I've been thinking about cleaning because....'"

Beeks

Name
J.R.
While cleaning a regular yearly client today A realization smacked be across the head.

First off we send reminder letters out yearly. I have always directed my wife after getting the list to mark out the commercial monthlys, then One of us will mark out the ones we "know" we have cleaned Since then, then mark out any "I don't care if we ever clean for them again" ones, then go through QB and mark out those that we had serviced since, then mail the rest.

Well, today we show up at one of my better clients and I said to my tech I am surprised that she is cleaning again so soon because I know we cleaned her last fall. During the walk through there were the normal 4-5 pee areas some light traffic issues and that's about it. I reviewed the invoice with her and we started working. Later I noticed a sheet laying beside the invoice so went over to investigate thinkIng she had a referral discount that we needed to take off the invoice, but, low and behold it was a one year reminder letter! When I returned to office that night I found we had cleaned her exactly 6 months prior as I suspected!

So we have adopted a new policy where we will set our reminders to 6 months instead.

Now before the SM and other folks start bashing me with your clubs I will say that I thought the 4 & 6 months reminder cards were a bit extreme andI felt was just a method for SM to increase their invoicing. However, my eyes have been opened and now I see the light!

Am I The only cleaner on here that shares my stupid mistakes and am willing to take your lashings?

your the only one i know that makes these kind of mistakes, lol, joking of course. Im sending out my 4th batch of 6 month cards, thanks to forums like these and sfs website, i would never have thought about sending reminder/ty cards and such. Not a great return on my cards just yet, but i know its early in the game, and i will continue to send them out. I think i need to revamp my card as well as it was made with cost in mind initially and not proper wording and offers.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I suggest you market heavily to your existing clients.

Every 3 months we send out a news letter or special or reminders. You have to stay in their face or when it's time to call and they can't remember your company name or can't find the number they will call someone else.

You will be surprised how many of your customers need something done every 3-6 months

Reactions: Shorty and BLewis

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Also, Don't forget to also advertise to your clients Friends and co-workers. Via prompting & rewarding for referrals and advertising at your client's places of Employment and the Clubs & Associations they belong to. Let your existing clients open the doors for you to these goldmines.

Reactions: Shorty

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
These days our clients are loving their text reminders. When we go to bill them out, they are asked if they want a text reminder. They choose when they want it. Some pick 3 months, 6 months, 9 months or 12 months. It works great.

Reactions: Shorty

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Now before the SM and other folks start bashing me with your clubs I will say that I thought the 3 & 6 months reminder cards were a bit extreme andI felt was just a method for SM to increase their invoicing. However, my eyes have been opened and now I see the light!

Billy, extreme or not, most SM users ROI are on the first 3 cards that are sent out. @ least for me, it's in this order.

Thank you
3 months
6 months

12 months cards are good roi too but no one where near the first 3 cards that are sent out.

The 3-6 months cards are just to let the client know you're still in existence and in case they need any touch up/high traffic cleanings, does not mean they'll do it within 3-6 months, but you're always on their mind when they or their friends need it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom