Let Go Luke....Use the Force

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Disclaimer: Different levels of companies have different ways of doing things. :idea:

Sticking with my "systems in place" way of doing things, I am coming to another major decision. By the way "Systems in Place" is from "Rich Dad Poor Dad". If you haven't read it yet...go buy it or check it out and read the hell out of it. It will change your whole way of thinking. Iseeru

So I spend countless hours marketing my company...whether it be on the Internet or real world. I remember saying to many here "why would you do that work if you can pay someone else to do it?" referring to carpet cleaning, answering the phones etc. Of course you need to make that money back and then some to justify it.

I pay Service Monster and Full Circle good money for great service. In my opinion it is some of the best money I've spent and am spending.
Why do I do it? To free me up from having to do it myself or pay someone an hourly wage to do it for me. It all comes down to my bottome line. It free's me up to generate more money elsewhere.

Well, I'm getting to the point now, in the marketing world...that I am spending WAY too much time on marketing my carpet cleaning busines for the amount of growth.

With the unexpected success of Network Carpet Cleaning, ironically I have to spend time doing free advertising for that because the subscription price is so low. If I don't keep up with that...I get way behind. Any paid ads for that have to be well placed for them to work...yet more time involved of course.

I digress

I'm getting back into the major advertising world of the YP.coms etc. in order to optimize my time and hopefully my money. lol.
I know a little better of what to expect than when I first started doing it almost 10 years ago...and I can utilize their service for a minimal amount of money ...for a maximum amount of production. God willing.

I have found by tracking my expenses on marketing compared to the amount of time spent (with equal success on both) that I am willing now to put these advertsing systems in place and just pay the money for them to do it instead of me.
I can do this for my local carpet cleaning areas and still make the same money...and grow at the same rate...as if I were to do all the marketing myself. The idea is to keep costs low and exposure high (not like that bawb)...as it with any company.

I am going to do a test run on two major internet advertising companies in both the Sacramento and Dallas area and compare the best I can. Population to price yada yada will screw with it a bit but I think I will be able to tell which company will do better.

In the end, this free's me up to work on Network Carpet Cleaning...which I believe will one day surpass any other advertising company for the cleaning industry. Why? because it's industry specific, loyal to it's members and let's face it...because I'm good. LMAO. :mrgreen:

There is more to this...but as you have read...this post is way too long as it is (shh Bawb, that's NOT what she said) :roll:

I may be able to elaborate a bit better as the thread goes on...if it goes on.
I just wanted to "share" my thoughts on this with anyone willing to listen.

As said at the beginning...Different levels of companies have different ways of doing things. I've always been big (well almost always...not like that Bawb) on "free" internet advertising and I a still am.

I just have to do what's best for my sanity while preserving my income.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, I think I over did it a bit.

I guess I could have said.

"I'm letting the big advertisers do my advertising for me so I can have more time to do other stuff."

Was that better meat?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian R said:
Yeah, I think I over did it a bit.

I guess I could have said.

"I'm letting the big advertisers do my advertising for me so I can have more time to do other stuff."

Was that better meat?

MUCH!.... :wink:

..L.T.A.

Ryan

Brian when was the last time you had a conversation with your wife?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
How is the carpetcleaningdashboard coming along err I mean network cleaning :)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greg Crowley said:
How is the carpetcleaningdashboard coming along err I mean network cleaning :)

It's coming right along. I've been promoting it more to the consumer than the cleaner lately.

Ryan, I'll have to ask her. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Is this a Rob Allen thing? I saw a blog but that was about it on the searches

Edit:...Who is Todd Brown?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The intentions were good, but it utterly failed. It was a direct response email program, except service monsters system is much better.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it was also search engine where you would buy area codes

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, I just read the 20 page deal he had about it...looked like from 07?
I think the zip code or area code thing he was doing was only for testing. It was late last night when I read it and it wasn't that good so I may have missed some details.

My program is simple. It's a membership to get listed in the 3 zip codes of your choice (per subscription) and I advertise the site. When a customer types in the zip code, it shows the cleaner in that area.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh boy...getting ready to sign with YP.com....again.
I dropped them awhile back when I took over the advertising myself.
As stated above...I pretty much did the same thing (money) that they did...just took some time on my part.
I will do some little stuff but I am letting them take the majority of it.
Always made money from them so we will see what happens.

The only difference is it's in the Dallas area this time...should be better because of population...little more expensive but not much...about have of an average job more.

Wish me luck.

I am only doing 6 months to see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom