Let here your thoughts/ experiences with different spot cleaning machines

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm thinking of offering emergency spot cleaning for some of our clients.

The service would have to be very efficient since we wont be charging our minimum $156.
maybe only charge $52 and the appointment would have to done within say only 20-30 minutes max. Or maybe I'm going the wrong way and should charge more since its an emergency call??

I would be surprised if we were actually able to show up within the same day of the call.

Does the Edic Bravo have enough suction? the plus is its light weight. the downside is I would have the wrong machine for upsells if time permitted.

What are your thoughts about Mytee spotters or mini- portys?

I was going to buy the Rotovac CFX-- but realized I could do the same set-up with my Mytee Air Hog. the downside is the set-up time and weight. the plus is that I could do Upsells if time permitted.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Upsells as in carpet?

Supposedly you can run a wand off the EDIC...ten or 15 feet..?

I don't think I would upsell carpet cleaning with the EDIC-- unless its a small area.-- but what do I know since I haven't tried the EDIC-- so lmk Mikey.
I would upsell with the Mytee air hog set up though-- but then not as easy to set-up---

I've been comparing the Specs of spotting machines-- looks like the EDIC Bravo has the best set-up for spot cleaning?

Name
Nate W.
Between the Mytee and Sandia spotter, I prefer the Sandia one because you can remove the waste tank, it has a extendable handle and nice roller blade wheels on it..

The Mytee has been a workhorse, that's for sure... the dump cap seems to leak over time as to why I prefer the Sandia.. We stopped taking off the dump cap to the Mytee and just dump through the inlet hose..

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Mikey please try the EDIC with the SS upholstery tool; and report back please.
I noticed when I tried the SS tool with my U.S. products Ultimate Upholstery machine the suction went way down to the point of being useless.

I think these small spotters cant support 1 1/2 hoses or dual vac port heads and may be stuck with the supplied hoses and tool.-- but waiting your opinions.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Mikey please try the EDIC with the SS upholstery tool; and report back please.
I noticed when I tried the SS tool with my U.S. products Ultimate Upholstery machine the suction went way down to the point of being useless.

I think these small spotters cant support 1 1/2 hoses or dual vac port heads and may be stuck with the supplied hoses and tool.-- but waiting your opinions.
We use a stair tool with this and it works great

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm sure you could cut a hole and put a small dump valve somewhere on that waste tank.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cool thanks Mike, that looks like it would do good. :cool:

I have one of those dork Evolution wands I could use it to spot with. Might save a little bending down.

Last edited by a moderator:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Watch for several new spotting tools with new features and options. Hopefully available during November. We keep getting ideas and feedback from our testers and are making changes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom