Letip

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know we have been over this before but I thought I would bring it up again for anyone looking to improve their business.

I had my letip meeting today and there were about 40 people in the room...had to open up another table.

The amount of money and business relationships from this kind of networking is priceless.

If any of you want to know more about it...I've been in it for 5 years and my company has grown because of it...

Just pm, email or call me.

I've done some serious money this year and if you have ever read my posts, I am always looking to help my fellow carpet cleaners.

BUSY BEE

Brian Robison said:
I know we have been over this before but I thought I would bring it up again for anyone looking to improve their business.

I had my letip meeting today and there were about 40 people in the room...had to open up another table.

The amount of money and business relationships from this kind of networking is priceless.

If any of you want to know more about it...I've been in it for 5 years and my company has grown because of it...

I've done some serious money this year and if you have ever read my posts, I am always looking to help my fellow carpet cleaners.
I looked into it a few years ago in EDH. It wasn't for me, I joined the EDH Chamber of Commerce instead. Are you a chamber member anywhere in the area?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
BUSY BEE said:
[quote="Brian Robison":th3jd1ct]I know we have been over this before but I thought I would bring it up again for anyone looking to improve their business.

I looked into it a few years ago in EDH. It wasn't for me, I joined the EDH Chamber of Commerce instead. Are you a chamber member anywhere in the area?[/quote:th3jd1ct]

Roseville Chamber

I am a member through Letip.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Going to visit another lunch group in the area. We will see if I get some business from it.

The banker in the group just scheduled his whole house to be cleane...well, his wife did.

So we will see what happens.

I am thinking of signing my brother up for it but not sure yet.
Small group, 15 members.
I will have to see how dynamic they are.

Just another reminder to vist groups like these to get your name out there.

Beats the hell out of doing door hangers.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I got two more jobs from the group. Woo hoo.
My brother is hitting a morning group tomorrow.
I'll post what happens.

BUSY BEE

Brian Robison said:
Going to visit another lunch group in the area. We will see if I get some business from it.

The banker in the group just scheduled his whole house to be cleane...well, his wife did.

So we will see what happens.

I am thinking of signing my brother up for it but not sure yet.
Small group, 15 members.
I will have to see how dynamic they are.

Just another reminder to vist groups like these to get your name out there.

Beats the hell out of doing door hangers.
You don't do door hangers? I had a lot of success in EDH/Serrano with 'em, I think they're great in tract home areas. I paid my son and his little buddies ice cream money, that's how I picked up just about all of my work there. I'm gearing up to have him and his new friend hit our new neighborhood, maybe a little harder here because we're on acre lots. I think they work if you have motived kids to hang 'em. I used a company that hired college kids on roller blades and I got 1 job out of 500 hangers in Folsom, sucked.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've done door hangers...a lot of work for not getting a lot of work.
Best door hanger idea is to just hit the houses around the house you are doing with a note telling them that you are cleaning their neighbors house.
You know..."Sorry about the noise" etc?

I was considering doing the kid thing....My parents did that with us back in the day.
Not sure that's where I want to put my money. Printing and all that.
And there will be some time involved driving them as well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Put most...or all your marketing efforts in community type networking.
Even if is isn't Letip or a similar group...which it should be...find your customer yourself.

Biggest problem with ccers in a networking group is

They don't give more than they want to take.

You have to work for your group in order for it to work for you.

Some guys sign up thinking that they some how deserve jobs just because they are paying quarterly dues. Horse Shit.

I have to work my ass off just to stand out and to get other members leads.
I am second in line in tipping and the only reason I am not first is because our house cleaner's huge family uses tons of Mary Kay so she is able to tip Jenifer a shit load of times a week....so I dont mind being second in line.

I have tipped over 100 times this year so far...real leads. People know I work hard for them...so they think of me.

of the $300,000.00 made this year for the entire group, I have generated a quarter of that.
Meaning total money made by the members in the group. I have sent more money to them than any other member.
I'm not trying to break my arm patting myself on the back (yes I am) ...

I'm just saying that you have to give more than you take.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Getting ready to join another Letip group...My Brother is.

their dues are $270.00 a quarter. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought ours was high at $230.00. And we have 36 members compared to their 15. again :shock:
They are trying to get their dues lowered to $200.00 which tells me they are raping the members....it's a new board of directors now.

I am trying to decide whether or not to join now and worry about the dues later.
location and time for the group is perfect...I visited and the members are decent.
I would play a good size role in helping build the group AND my House cleaner who sends me tons of work is thinking of transfering to that group. It's a lunch group.

I don't want to miss out.
I think $70.00 isn't that big of a deal. It's just the principal.
Opinions?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Mike,
Since the Letip group in Dallas is a bit far, you might try looking up BNI or TNI or some other Networking groups unless you cover that area.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
JB said:
I get 40% of my business from BNI, me and my wife belong to 2 different chapters.
Though BNI only allowed you to join one group?

Your company can belong to as many groups as you want...as long as it is a different person in each group.

Most won't even let one person be in ...let's say Letip AND BNI even though they are not affiliated. The groups don't want you personally working for another group that may or may not have the same catagories.

Letip Bylaws state that you can't belong to another networking group.

But what they don't know won't hurt them. I don't know how they would find out.

Edit: Different groups like chambers or womens groups etc where there might be networking going on are ok. Don't ask me why...they are slightly different but are usually there for the same reasons....to grow your business.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Brian Robison said:

I'm a memeber of LeTip in Ramona Ca. It has been very good for my business. We're not a large group, only about 25 of us but the members are very serious about helping other members to grow their business. It has been a great investment for me and I would recomend it to everyone.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The trick is to try to give more than you get.
Bring as many guests as possible to grow the group.
Always be on the lookout for business for your fellow Letipers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom