lets cut the bs guys...

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Hey Jon,

I've been active in the industry for 5 years now, but don't clean or do restoration at the moment. I'm 23 and have learned a lot on the boards. Don't let these guys get to you, I get crap all of the time. Let it go in one ear and out the other; if you don't it will really get to you, and trust me its not worth it. I would recommend you read back quite a few pages, there is some really good material to read here. I understand wanting to be accepted by your peers. Don't get discouraged, ask questions when you want, and chime in too. But don't feel belittled when someone chimes in with a different answer. There are several ways to do things to get the same result. Just have an open mind and try the advice given. It may actually help better yourself or your business.

Greenie

Doug Cox said:
... I also don't argue that there are guys that just coast along doing things wrong for 20 years.

Probably, the best quote of this thread.

It's never too late to start learning again.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i run two hundred foot runs because i get the for 120 dollars and most suppliers sell each fifty without qd for 80 so if you do the math it makes sense and i get new hoses every year anyways as a precaution and maintenance.

TimP

dealtimeman said:
i run two hundred foot runs because i get the for 120 dollars and most suppliers sell each fifty without qd for 80 so if you do the math it makes sense and i get new hoses every year anyways as a precaution and maintenance.

Your lead hose should be 100'. I recommend the parflex. I've had it over a year and I'm not worried because if something happens with it you don't throw rubber. I've had mine probably a year to a year and a half or so. The remaining lenghts of hose on your truck shouldn't get used much unless you do commercial jobs or large houses. Rubber steel braid is fine for outside and having higher heat for those long runs may help for long runs. If you run 230 through parflex you should have plenty of heat.

Anyways the shorter your distance the less loss of heat and flow you'll have. There is a huge difference in heat for me when I run 100 ft vs 100 of rubber and 100 of my parflex.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
And with 100 foot lengths most times you'll never have a couple lying on someones floor to leave a scratch. I learned that from Greenie.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Doug Cox said:
I learned that from Greenie.

and he learned it from me.

he's been following me around and hanging on my every word since '02

I've always made my own sol lines and have crimped my own fittings for the last ten years or so

I started biz with three 500ft spools of parflex.
That lasted me til just last year

just seemed a no brainer to cut the first length at 100ft, cause that gets us to most jobs.

For awhile i used a 125 ft'r and behind that on the reel was a 30ft'r.
That got us to 95% of the jobs.
last time I replaced sol line I'm back to 100ft'r - 50-100 on the reel

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Shit ... I'm calling grouNd meAt Uncle meAt now....

The best thing a teacher can have is an apt pupil.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob Foster said:
Not to mention that some of our more experienced guys here did not have the benefit of some darn good bulletin boards in their early informative years. A year or two here of paying close attention is worth at least 3 or 4 years of experience.

I personally don't know how I could have ever cleaned without BaWb Vawter's informative posts...

HEEEEEEEY...i can HEAR you...i'm RIGHT here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom