Let's hear you best shower stall stories

Mikey P

Administrator
#1.

Couple in their 50's, we've cleaned her vegan wool wtw a few times, always a volvo-mom bitch to deal with.

Hubby meets us this time for an estimeon their 3 year old exotic stone shower. Well done artistic inlays, euro fixtures room for 4...

Starting to show mold, soap scum and some efflo.

I give him the whole expectation speech, that I can now do in my sleep and toss a ball park range out that I can immediately tell he won't be ready to spend for another ten year, when it will be too late. They spent at least 50k doing the bathroom so it's possibly not even paid for yet.

As we leave the bathroom, something odd dawns on me and I turn around and look in the bathroom and stare at the plain white shower curtain that is drawn to the side...

"Sir you spent a lot of time and money making that install so nice, why would you hid it with a shower curtain, why not frameless glass?

He gives me a deadpan look and..

"Have you seen my wife!...?"

# 2

Single dude in his late 60's.
Horder, almost, all record albums and a multitude of record players ALL OVER THE HOUSE.

He takes me through the 33 and a 1/3rd maze and shows me the worse fvcking shower stall on planet earth. Decades of funk, layered thicker than I've ever seen before. I would have left but the look on his face when he told me he recently just landed his first girlfriend who refuses to spend the night until the shower is dealt with, had me feeling pity.

I used just my HydroForce gun and stood as far out of the stall as possible to literally blast the shit off the walls and floor. The back splash was something horrible, it was getting all over me. I can still recall my Plantronics Bluetooth falling off and sinking into the sewage.

I then detailed it and got amazing results all things considered. I bet a half gallon of black and orange mold, soap grunge and pubes were removed that day. Not to mention countless little nubbins of bar soap and other mystery lumps.

I brought went and got him and told him to close his eyes and I would lead him in..

He stared and stared with no emotion on his face, at least 30 seconds went by of silence and then he lays it on me.

The praise we all do this for should be spectacular

and...

"you missed a spot"....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
#1.

Couple in their 50's, we've cleaned her vegan wool wtw a few times, always a volvo-mom bitch to deal with.

Hubby meets us this time for an estimeon their 3 year old exotic stone shower. Well done artistic inlays, euro fixtures room for 4...

I give him the whole expectation speech, that I can now do in my sleep and toss a ball park range out that I can immediately tell he won't be ready to spend for another ten year, when it will be too late. They spent at least 50k doing the bathroom so it's possibly not even paid for yet.

As we leave the bathroom, something odd dawns on me and I turn around and look in the bathroom and stare at the plain white shower curtain that is drawn to the side...

"Sir you spent a lot of time and money making that install so nice, why would you hid it with a shower curtain, why not frameless glass?

# 2

Horder, almost, all record albums and a multitude of record players ALL OVER THE HOUSE.

He takes me through the 33 and a 1/3rd maze and shows me the worse fvcking shower stall on planet earth. Decades of funk, layered thicker than I've ever seen before. I would have left but the look on his face when he told me he recently just landed his first girlfriend who refuses to spend the night until the shower is dealt with, had me feeling pity.

I used just my HydroForce gun and stood as far out of the stall as possible to literally blast the shit off the walls and floor. The back splash was something horrible, it was getting all over me. I can still recall my Plantronics Bluetooth falling off and sinking into the sewage.

I then detailed it and got amazing results all things considered. I bet a half gallon of black and orange mold, soap grunge and pubes were removed that day. Not to mention countless little nubbins of bar soap and other mystery lumps.

I brought went and got him and told him to close his eyes and I would lead him in..

He stared and stared with no emotion on his face, at least 30 seconds went by of silence and then he lays it on me.

and...

"you missed a spot"....
LOL 😂

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
While i was cleaning a shower for a gay customer, my tech made a slight giggle as he watched me. I I ignored it because I was concentrating on cleaning the shower.
A few minutes later he started laughing hysterically.
I stopped and asked, what are you laughing at!?
"Boss- that shower attachment you keep touching and moving-- its an anal douching tool.!
😲🤤😆😆😄

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
#1.

# 2

and...

"you missed a spot"....
Great stories but wtf is vegan wool?

FredC

Village Idiot
Didn't Vawter have 9 girls in a shower, once?
its where he ended up after dropping some acid and getting chased across 63 states by Bandidos.......or maybe Mongols...can't remember

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
While i was cleaning a shower for a gay customer, my tech made a slight giggle as he watched me. I I ignored it because I was concentrating on cleaning the shower.
A few minutes later he started laughing hysterically.
I stopped and asked, what are you laughing at!?
"Boss- that shower attachment you keep touching and moving-- its an anal douching tool.!
😲🤤😆😆😄
How did he know?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Skim-coated a ceramic shower stall last week with SGA grout. Didn't stick to much of the grout. Noticed the SGA guy (Jason's?) comment that the grout needs to be super-clean. I had scrubbed with Prochem Restorer and even ground the surface down with a diamond blade on an oscillating tool. Going back tomorrow. My idea is to scrub with phosphoric acid, let dwell while I work on a countertop, then reapply SGA and hope it sticks. Any ideas or anybody know the SGA customer service number?

Much obliged.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

THANKS, FRED!!!

Jason's a super-cool guy, eager to help. He answered on the first ring and spent at least fifteen minutes with me. Conclusion is that SGA won't bond well to some grout, especially nonsanded shower floor, subjected to years of soaps, oils, etc. Best solution is to tile over existing floor. Most difficult part of that job is getting the floor drain screws out in tact so that a drain extender can be mounted. I'll give the option of as-is or a new floor to my customer.

Reactions: FredC
J

JS41035

I got a small hand held spinner and started bidding. 150 bucks and 4 hours of scraping and brushing later. Meh. The last price I gave was 600. The guy told me “I could put a new shower in for that price!” Gotta love Kentucky.

Reactions: steve_64

Mikey P

Administrator
Best solution is to tile over existing floor. Most difficult part of that job is getting the floor drain screws out in tact so that a drain extender can be mounted. I'll give the option of as-is or a new floor to my customer.

I'd love to see how thats done..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom