Lets Help Greg Cole

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
For some reason his guy's cannot steam clean berber carpet but have to dry clean it. If there is anyone here who has had a problem with berber and solved it please chime in. Personally I've never had difficulty with it and steam clean it like any other. But the people of Atlanta are getting the message it has to be "dry cleaned", whatever that is. I know Ken Snow can help him.
BTW Greg, thanks for the honest response:
gregcole said:
[In reality, it is the safest way to clean the carpet and maintain quality control when using dozens of contractors. Rather than risk the liability and a unhappy customer- we require all customers to get their berber dry cleaned by us. If a customer is not willing to pay for that service- they are welcome to go elsewhere. As almost 1/2 of our daily jobs are Berber- I would say many are not going elsewhere.

In reagards to the cotnractor refusing to dry clean carpets: To date I have never had a contractor say he didn't want to get paid more and dry clean a customers carpet- if it ever happens- I will let you know.
Second reason: If you do business in Atlanta and you don't dry clean Berber carpets you are considered to be inferior after our 3.1 million ads hit the streets on a weekly basis. Over 160 million printed impressions yearly, and hundreds of radio ads make it clear that we know more than the average Atlanta carpet cleaner. Pro Carpet is the leader for cleaning carpets in Atlanta and we have tens of thousands of customers who understand that anyone who is not dry cleaning Berber is obviously doing it wrong. shiteatinggrin

R

rotovacguy

I have berber in the entire upstairs of my house, and I HWE it just the same as the cut pile in my living room, with great results.

I remember a few years back, I was in the local Oreck store, actually thinking of buying one of their pos vacs (never did......thank god!), but the salesman there was demonstrating to another customer how to dry clean their carpets with an Oreck orbiter and their dry cleaning crap you throw on the carpet to scrub in. All I remember seeing is him using a squirt bottle to dampen the carpet, then all the dust spewing in the air from the powder as he threw it on the carpet, then hearing the wimpy little orbiter motor struggling to turn the brush on the CGD, spewing up more dust, and then vacuumed it up, again, spewing more dust.

There is NO EXTRACTION in this process, apart from relying on your wimpy plastic POS vac to pick up the leftovers. I would think in a berber carpet, there would be a ton of crap left behind hiding in the loops and all the crevices. Idk, if it's working for him, great, just not anything I will be doing in my house anytime soon.

Jonee

Berber carpet is such a generic term.....here in Nashville I see wool, nylon, nylon/poly combo (90/10's) and 100% poly (olefin). The 1OO percent Polypro.....fairly high ph pre-spray and rinse on the acid side and dry fast (air mover) and maybe a follow up with a cotton pad. Atlanta has some very hi humidity conditions, which can slow drying and cause browing issues.......even in a home with a properly running AC system, often the dryers on the system are spec'ed so low.

Many berbers I do the 2 step thing with my CCS and a dura pro pad.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
SCAM TO THE CUSTOMERS I hwe tons of berbers. Never had any grief and I live in a temperate rain forest area.

BottomFeeders.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Willy P said:
SCAM TO THE CUSTOMERS I hwe tons of berbers. Never had any grief and I live in a temperate rain forest area.

Totally Agree.

According to Gregs post, he would rather do subpar work than to accept the liabilites of cleaning berbers with water.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Hey Greg,what ever you're smoking,keep it up, so you can come on the boards to get your ego massaged.

Just because alot of people like a particular song,doesn't mean its actually any good. Just means that there are alot of people with no darn taste!

Your ads cater to the cheap ( ignorant) and don't go spouting off about you advertise during the Neil Bortz show,that really doesn't count since you're paying for the advertising space. He is a business man,he'll take your money!

Dry cleaning berber..... what a joke/SCAM.Its amazing when a new client calls and asks if we charge more for berber or do we have to dry clean it,then I tell them for a synthetic loop pile construction,NO,unless there is any organic matter or it wool. I can do a vlm or combo clean,either way it will be cleaner then any of your SUB-contractors attempt to clean it.

Believe me,I've come behind your subs plenty of times to correctly clean/fix their mistakes.

And it looks as though you are still using a few of the photos my wife took (years ago, and was never paid for I might add) in some of your ads.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Pmatte said:
Hey Greg,what ever you're smoking,keep it up, so you can come on the boards to get your ego massaged.

Just because alot of people like a particular song,doesn't mean its actually any good. Just means that there are alot of people with no darn taste!

Your ads cater to the cheap ( ignorant) and don't go spouting off about you advertise during the Neil Bortz show,that really doesn't count since you're paying for the advertising space. He is a business man,he'll take your money!

Dry cleaning berber..... what a joke/SCAM.Its amazing when a new client calls and asks if we charge more for berber or do we have to dry clean it,then I tell them for a synthetic loop pile construction,NO,unless there is any organic matter or it wool. I can do a vlm or combo clean,either way it will be cleaner then any of your SUB-contractors attempt to clean it.

Believe me,I've come behind your subs plenty of times to correctly clean/fix their mistakes.

And it looks as though you are still using a few of the photos my wife took (years ago, and was never paid for I might add) in some of your ads.

:shock: Smack down!!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Pmatte said:

You've just become one of my top five favorite posters. While what he does gets really close to the edge with his workers, it scrapes by legally, but not morally.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greg isn't a carpet cleaner
he's a marketing guy that owns a CCing biz
that's probably why he's banking jack and most of us are slogging a wand boasting how we're the greatest CC'er that ever massaged a fiber bundle

there's little doubt in my mind that Greg's operation gives pretty crappy results as far as getting a carpet clean.
But there's also little doubt he's finding plenty gullible rubes that will buy his horse chit

Chem-Lie is a perfect example of what poor cleaning and bull chit marketing can do

..L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
meAt said:
Greg isn't a carpet cleaner
he's a marketing guy that owns a CCing biz
that's probably why he's banking jack and most of us are slogging a wand boasting how we're the greatest CC'er that ever massaged a fiber bundle

there's little doubt in my mind that Greg's operation gives pretty crappy results as far as getting a carpet clean.
But there's also little doubt he's finding plenty gullible rubes that will buy his horse chit

Chem-Lie is a perfect example of what poor cleaning and bull chit marketing can do

..L.T.A.

My name is Joe Harper, and...... I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE... :!:

Well said ..L.T.A.... :wink:

Name
jack zerkie
I think someone from his office called last week and asked if I was the guy that cleaned a few months back. Cleaned 3 large rooms a sofa and love seat and some other chairs. Oh and charged $40.00 for the complete job so please call me back. So I deleated the call and the number, hope they find that lucky top notch cleaner,!jack z.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JACK ZERKIE said:
I think someone from his office called last week and asked if I was the guy that cleaned a few months back. Cleaned 3 large rooms a sofa and love seat and some other chairs. Oh and charged $40.00 for the complete job so please call me back. So I deleated the call and the number, hope they find that lucky top notch cleaner,!jack z.

Jack,

Did he land in your area...?

I thought he said...he was going to be in Hillsborough county... :?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Keep in mind that allot of Coles guys are running entry level portables. I would much rather encap berber than clean with a porty that only had one 2-stage vac.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've never understood the problem with cleaning berber. I love that poly because you can flush it easily with large volumes of water and still leave it bone dry.

Gene

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Pmatte said:

You obiviously are smoking something. The only photo we use that isn't clip art (provided by design companies) in our ads is of our carpet cleaning guy. Hired a photographer in 1994. paid for the rights, and copyrighted it. Still friends with the photographer. Been using it ever since! Not sure why you want to start throwing slanderous remarks but stop spreading lies.

OH - and FYI - the reason people are asking if you dry clean berber is because -- wait for it.... MARKETING WORKS! Oddly enough my prices for dry cleaning 3 rooms of carpet is still FAR LESS than the $125 you charge for 3 rooms ($124.95 according to your website).

I'm Greg Cole and I wrote this message........ shiteatinggrin

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
HARPER said:
JACK ZERKIE said:

Jack,

Did he land in your area...?

I thought he said...he was going to be in Hillsborough county... :?

Five weeks and counting Harper! I'll be down in your area next week to supervise the finishing touches on the build out. You should let me buy you a beer and we can shoot the bull.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
gregcole said:
OH - and FYI - the reason people are asking if you dry clean berber is because -- wait for it.... MARKETING WORKS! Oddly enough my prices for dry cleaning 3 rooms of carpet is still FAR LESS than the $125 you charge for 3 rooms ($124.95 according to your website).

That type of marketing only works only so long or it works for the price shoppers or the people who have low expectations. Oh, and Greg, I wouldn't brag about your low prices.

Ryan

This business is all about making money... at least it is for me :!:

Don't be jealous of greg just cause he is better at it then you :!: :wink:

Maybe if we stfu and listen we can learn a little about marketing from him. :idea:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ryan said:

Maybe if we stfu and listen we can learn a little about marketing from him. :idea:

Ryan.

You have neither the drive or the stomach, for the type of business model Greg operates. You are correct
that it is ALL about the money for him. He makes decisions everyday that would curdle you soul. He only
worships the bottom line. There is nothing he will NOT say or DO to justify a profit.

His only loyalty is life is to HIMSELF...His only measure of success is the all might dollar. Money is his only
claim to fame. It is his DRUG of choice! He will do WHATEVER is necessary to get his FIX. For without his
DRUG, He is VUNERABLE. He perceives money as POWER and CONTROL.....and without his drug he has
neither.

He will fly high for a while...and eventually "crash & burn". What will take HIM years to amass, will disappear
in less than a week. His business model is built upon clay and stubble, it will crumble before his eyes the first sign of trouble.

His fear of success , will get him in SO FAR over his head....that he will make a financial mistake,
"perhaps in the form of a PARTNER". But he WILL hit the WALL. He will be all ALONE. Without a friend in this
world. He operates on PURE ego. His FATE is predictable...It is a SHAME...that his TALENT will be WASTED!

"Sometimes we must ...lose ...to learn HOW to win.!"

Ryan...watch the movie "SCARFACE"...you will see a the DISEASE... :(

Name
Nate W.
HARPER said:
Ryan said:

Ryan.

You have neither the drive or the stomach, for the type of business model Greg operates. You are correct
that it is ALL about the money for him. He makes decisions everyday that would curdle you soul. He only
worships the bottom line. There is nothing he will NOT say or DO to justify a profit.

His only loyalty is life is to HIMSELF...His only measure of success is the all might dollar. Money is his only
claim to fame. It is his DRUG of choice! He will do WHATEVER is necessary to get his FIX. For without his
DRUG, He is VUNERABLE. He perceives money as POWER and CONTROL.....and without his drug he has
neither.

He will fly high for a while...and eventually "crash & burn". What will take HIM years to amass, will disappear
in less than a week. His business model is built upon clay and stubble, it will crumble before his eyes the first sign of trouble.

His fear of success , will get him in SO FAR over his head....that he will make a financial mistake,
"perhaps in the form of a PARTNER". But he WILL hit the WALL. He will be all ALONE. Without a friend in this
world. He operates on PURE ego. His FATE is predictable...It is a SHAME...that his TALENT will be WASTED!

One buck schmuck..... :|

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Greg is putting himself into a pickle. His business model is unsustainable. Eventually he will run out of one time customers. No money will save him, so he will lay down and die.
Any problems one might have with steam cleaning berber can be overcome with education and right now Greg has subs in the IICRC CC class who will learn how to clean them. Yet they will have to tell customers they cannot. They will have to lie and do a half assed method that even the mighty ChemDry had to give up after spending tens of millions talking up its benefits. In many houses customers will see side by side demonstrations with some rooms steamed and some bonnet cleaned. Absurd and unnecessary.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
HARPER said:
Ryan said:

Ryan.

neither.

LMAO! You have seen way too many movies! Ok- you buy the beers!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Art Kelley said:
Greg is putting himself into a pickle. His business model is unsustainable. Eventually he will run out of one time customers. No money will save him, so he will lay down and die.
Any problems one might have with steam cleaning berber can be overcome with education and right now Greg has subs in the IICRC CC class who will learn how to clean them. Yet they will have to tell customers they cannot. They will have to lie and do a half assed method that even the mighty ChemDry had to give up after spending tens of millions talking up its benefits. In many houses customers will see side by side demonstrations with some rooms steamed and some bonnet cleaned. Absurd and unnecessary.

LOL! 17 years is far from unstable- but you obviously know better than I! :?
Who bonnet cleans? My contractors certainly don't....

joe harper

Name
joe harper
To Whom it may Concern...

As I read my previous post ..to Ryan..concerning Greg Cole...I reads as a personal ATTACK on Greg.."This was not my intention".."my intention was to CAUTION Ryan as to the aspiring to
this type of business modle."

"All that GLITTERS is NOT gold"..My point is..That to run an operation the size of Greg's...
REQUIRES a tremendous amount of CAPITAL and dedication..! Unless you are willing to "Roll the Dice" everyday...You will crumble under the PRESSURE..!

Many HERE will percieve Greg's business as a "Low end"..b&s biz..Yet we ALL have Low end
cleints that WE refuse to service..! Most of us here equate this biz as a SERVICE biz..& have
PERSONAL relationships with our CLEINTS.

Greg,on the other hand...veiws the biz as a COMMODITY...His vision requires that he maintain
a volume of customers to generate "X" amount of CASH FLOW...To pay "X" amount of expense.
Once the "NUT" is covered...his PROFIT margins can be QUITE rewarding...!!!!!

It is "INVESTMENT".."101"...RISK/REWARD...! or for us SoUtHerNer'S...."Is the fooking you are
going to GET"??? ...worth the fooking you are going to TAKE".??? As many of us here percieve
Greg's post as ARROGANT..."Which they are"...He MUST maintain that kind of BRAVADO to
survive in HIS world...!

I would guess that he is a GOOD guy in person...However his must feed his EGO if he is to
suceed in his VENTURE..! If you are a 1 man operation & your pricing is toward the lower-end
of the market..."20.00 per rm."..HE will CRUSH your market share.. :cry:

If you are middle to high ... In your pricing..he really will NOT have much affect on you..!
ACTUALLY...His advertizing dollars will increase your VOLUME...by reminding people to CLEAN..
When "SS" run their national ad's...OUR phone traffic INCREASES... :D

SO THERE... :!:
In "FULL DISCLOSURE"...I must say that "I" was GREG COLE at his age..." :shock:
I wish him WELL...and HOPE that he will take the "TIME"..to look at his FAMILY'S
NEED'S at NOT his OWN... :idea: "I was NOT mature enough realize "...that NO
amount of MONEY...can BUY BACK the "TIME"...I cheated my children OUT OF.. :!:

Harper

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Ryan said:

It's not all about making money. It's a legacy to your life. What do you want to be rememebered for? Integrity and ethics and compassion rate far higher in my business model than making money.

take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom