Let's see some real in-plant upholstery cleaning operations

Bob Foster

I bet Brian of DA Burns or Ken of Hagopian can give us a video tour or pictures. Any other people out there that have plants that could chime in.

How do you promote these services to your carriage trade.

What is the upholstery tool of choice that your technicians working prefer to use. Seeing has they have one in their had many hours of the week I would value their opinion.

What do you use to generate heat and extraction, portable or custom equipment?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Re: Let's see some real in-plant upholstery cleaning operati

How do you promote these services to your carriage trade. Word of mouth. Cleaners get a wholesale price.

What is the upholstery tool of choice that your technicians working prefer to use. Seeing has they have one in their had many hours of the week I would value their opinion. We like the DriMaster, but also use a hydrokinetic and in some cases an open gun and a brush.

What do you use to generate heat and extraction, portable or custom equipment? For hand cleaning in the plant, we have a "HydraStation" basically an electric truckmount with a natural gas Little Giant for heat. Truckmount vacuum blowers are in the concrete room above the washer to contain noise.

Burnsfrontentrance.jpg

Entrance to Seattle main shop. Pithy saying changes monthly and attracts enough attention to be written about in the Seattle Times.

BurnsseattleCC.jpg

Customer pick up area. Maiking it a little more retail than a corner of a warehouse makes customers feel more at ease.

Burnshand-repair.jpg

Hand repair. This room is next to the customer pick up area and the garage doors can be left open in the summer.

Burnssmalltackout.jpg

One of the tack-out floor for rugs we want to clean by hand.

Burnswashfloorandpit.jpg

Wash floor. Duster on the right, Moore machine on the left, fiberglass soak pit on wheels was built to fit under our take-down table.

Burnssmallpitbackofwash.jpg

Wringer end of the Moore and the smaller of the two rug pits.

Burnsinsidewasher.jpg

Inside the Moore between the scrubber rollers and the wringer.

Burnsbackofdryroom.jpg

Rugs in the dry room.

Burnscarpetworkroom.jpg

Rug float table in the carpet workroom.

Burnsplantcommercialvans.jpg

All trucks are identical, with the exception of the commercial trucks that are one-tons with fresh water tanks.

Burnsdropstore.jpg

Drop store on the east side of Lake Washington. It has a smaller float table to do edge binding.

Bob Foster

Bryan that's very impressive. No doubt a world class facility!

I was fortunate to have had a tour of this facility that was combined with an Aaron Groseclose rug course a couple of years back.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins

Speechless

Bjorn

it in the Favela

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner

What a great facility! Looks like an enjoyable place to work.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

Very impressive! I didn't know i was around rich people! :) I bet Lisa would love that shop!

John Watson

Bryan, this is the first time I have seen you not completly answer a question.. They know about rugs, The question was:
Let's see some real in-plant upholstery cleaning operations

Show your anti Que solvent sprayer, your double and triple decker uph carts some of those photos of unbelivable jobs you and your crews have done over the years.

Sorry, but I know better, you don't brag or like to be above others, but come on.

I had dinner with Nate and his Dad last Wed compliments of JonDon, You realy impressed this young man, He did mention Randy also but not in the same breath or sentence...

My thanks to Richard for letting you be you and to be able to do the things you do for this industry..

I know why we quit doing uph inshop only was because of the damages caused by moving the uph, not only to the uph, but the walls, door jambs. Heck, We made more money taking it out of the house till we had to repair drywall,paint, replace screen doors, or reupholster torn uph, Yep torn while moving it..

My Helen says I ask to much of her already by using the furniture lift buddy and placing sliders and sticky tabs..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville

Odin said:
it in the Favela

I don't think so :shock:

Favela : Clubs and Restaurants and Bars & Pubs and Functions in ...
Favela, Sydney's Sexiest Venue - Bar Awards 2007 Winner Best New Club in Australia in Kings Cross, Sydney.

my247 the Guide to what's on in Sydney.

my247.com.au/sydney/Favela.23863 -

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Looks great.
An inviting environment both for your clients and staff and very well thought out.
Wow!

P.S. I agree with John, Bryan. Show us some Upholstery cleaning facility or arrangements that you have. That will be very interesting.

Mikey P

Administrator

Hey Oz, 1993 and called they want their Got Spots? ad campaign back.

your glide fell off your POS Hydra Hoe and other than that, YOU ARE DA MAN buddy!!!!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

You called it John, I need to read posts more carefully or I wouldn't have bothered. We don't clean much upholstery in the shop anymore, for all the reasons you mentioned. That in-shop upholstery department is pretty much a counter, a sink and a couple of scissor lift tables, and since the heat, vacuum and pumps aren't located in one spot, there isn't much to show.

I think Nate and Jeff spent about 90 seconds in that part of the shop.

Thanks for the compliments otherwise. The building doesn't have to be pretty, but it got there over time as we realized that customers preferred the cleaner feel to the "corner of a warehouse" look the building started with. Lots of visits to other plants for ideas, including Shaw's tour mill. Carey Mitchell said they cleaned the place up to make it a show plant and then found that there were fewer sick days and fewer equipment breakdowns, so they started cleaning up the rest of their plants. He called it, "The Efficiency of Neatness."

Mike,
We can't let go of the Got Spots (or the We Clean Rugs from Around the World) because they're originally ours. They've just been "borrowed" to death.

dgargan

How did you make that fiberglass wash pit ? That's cool!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom