Let's talk about our favorite pre-sprays.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Everyone likes what they like...........

What do you like?

And why do you like it?

I like Magic Wands Grease Eater......

I use it on everday lightly soiled carpet, nasty apartment carpet.. And even on greasy spoons!

I really love this stuff and the performance I get out of this stuff..

Has anyone else used this? If not they have free samples.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Instead of your favorites.. cause lord knows this could go on and on and on..

How about posting what you have at hand. What you just finished using, and what you won't bring back in and why?

ones i have at hand:

Judson, Redline Powder, Masterblend olefin, Grease Eraser, (1 gallon of Hydramaster Quake), Planet Guard TLC, a stupid part gallon of Matrix New Decade I haven't gotten rid of completely. 1 gallon of Matrix Olefin TLC. Almost forgot.. a 50lb pail of enzall.. kinda of an oopsie on behalf.. I thought I ordered the 6 lb tub and ended up with the 50 lb tub.. Didn't really feel like sending it back and when you need an enzyme,, its hard to beat it.

I'm fresh out of matrix Grandslam, and the next commercial job will use up the rest of my Grease Eraser. I purchased a gallon of the Redline Liquid but.. it was before they fixed the formulation and creates one hell of a foam situaion.. (too bad too cause the stuff cleaned really well with a nice light scent. )

I'm thinking i'll be keeping the redline powder around. Masterblend Olefin rocks for olefin applications.. of course so does Judson boosted with Hot sauce. Grease Eraser is just a great hard hitter. And i'm continually impressed with Planet Guard TLC. For general soiling and ALOT of spots. the damn thing just works. (and it was free too!)(entire case of it) Quake well its just an oober high alkaline cleaner.. I'm on the last gallon and have tried to use it up on nasty jobs.

I've tried Powerburst.. it worked but I never got the really nasty jobs that would put it to good use.

I'd like to try Cobb's powermax when Jim Martin says its ok again.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thats why i use grease eater........... It has the enzymes and everything you need........ Enzymes on everthing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why not????

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I've tried just about everything mentioned, I keep going back to extreme clean, I even use it on tile, works great,don't have to worry about dwell time.

Farenheit251

I finally settled on Prekleen as my go to for everything but the greasiest restaurants. The recent $60 increase on a bucket has me looking for alternatives.
I wish Masterblend had a better distributor network. I think they offer the best combination of value and quality.

Only a hack would use a high ph enzyme on a wool berber wall to wall carpet etc.

Joey use the grease eater for nasty apartments and get a residential prespray for your nicer jobs.

I use redline at 6 oz in my hf and it has never let me down after cleaning with it for months in many different scenarios.

The directions for grease eater calls for 16 oz in a hf. That's almost three times the dilution ratio of the redline.

I do plan on getting some O2 and mixng 4 oz redline and 4 oz O2 for pet jobs etc. I have never tried the O2 but think I would like it for certain applications.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Its very hard to beat the o2 system for any pet problem jobs.. the sodium borate oxidizes most of the yellowing from urine stains, disinfects, and deoderizes as well.

I havn't tried boosting the redline with it yet, but I'll have to give her a go.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Daniel, it is a residential pre-spray. ThePHisnot high cant think of what it is off hand. I use their trashed II if i need a high PH... 16 oz to HF or 2 oz per gallon in a pump up... thats not alot. some are 4-6 oz a gallon in a pump up. i do use other stuff but I use this the most, its my favorite :) ITs awesome on Berber and is safe for wall to wall Wool:) And its great for the urine smells

joeynbgky said:
Daniel, it is a residential pre-spray. ThePHisnot high cant think of what it is off hand. I use their trashed II if i need a high PH... 16 oz to HF or 2 oz per gallon in a pump up... thats not alot. some are 4-6 oz a gallon in a pump up. i do use other stuff but I use this the most, its my favorite :) ITs awesome on Berber and is safe for wall to wall Wool:) And its great for the urine smells

I will have to try it one day.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Call them for a free sample.......

Anyone else have any favorite pre-sprays? Im always willing to try something new!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And here is the embarrassing truth:

Like David, I carry a gazillion products in my van, most of it collects dust that is duly removed in my biannual shelf cleaning. Than placed on the shelf to collect dust again.

My experience is that most brand name pre-spray work just fine, especially if you give it some agitation and dwell time. And usually there is no need for the knock your socks off products. Ye...the ones that etch metals, the ones that if you leave on the carpet it will biodegrade to its core elements.

Unless, of course, your clients usually rebuild their Hraley's engine in their living room.

For those you go atomic! It might change their DNA but they'll love it.

Who knows, it may be for the better.

kolfer1 said:
And here is the embarrassing truth:

Like David, I carry a gazillion products in my van, most of it collects dust that is duly removed in my biannual shelf cleaning. Than placed on the shelf to collect dust again.

My experience is that most brand name pre-spray work just fine, especially if you give it some agitation and dwell time. And usually there is no need for the knock your socks off products. Ye...the ones that etch metals, the ones that if you leave on the carpet it will biodegrade to its core elements.

Unless, of course, your clients usually rebuild their Hraley's engine in their living room.

For those you go atomic! It might change their DNA but they'll love it.

Who knows, it may be for the better.

I like this post , back in my younger days I had this BSA in my living room.

BSAinhouse.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
sweendogg said:

How about posting what you have at hand. What you just finished using, and what you won't bring back in and why?

ones i have at hand:

Judson, Redline Powder, Masterblend olefin, Grease Eraser, (1 gallon of Hydramaster Quake), Planet Guard TLC, a stupid part gallon of Matrix New Decade I haven't gotten rid of completely. 1 gallon of Matrix Olefin TLC. Almost forgot.. a 50lb pail of enzall.. kinda of an oopsie on behalf.. I thought I ordered the 6 lb tub and ended up with the 50 lb tub.. Didn't really feel like sending it back and when you need an enzyme,, its hard to beat it.

I'm fresh out of matrix Grandslam, and the next commercial job will use up the rest of my Grease Eraser. I purchased a gallon of the Redline Liquid but.. it was before they fixed the formulation and creates one hell of a foam situaion.. (too bad too cause the stuff cleaned really well with a nice light scent. )

I'm thinking i'll be keeping the redline powder around. Masterblend Olefin rocks for olefin applications.. of course so does Judson boosted with Hot sauce. Grease Eraser is just a great hard hitter. And i'm continually impressed with Planet Guard TLC. For general soiling and ALOT of spots. the damn thing just works. (and it was free too!)(entire case of it) Quake well its just an oober high alkaline cleaner.. I'm on the last gallon and have tried to use it up on nasty jobs.

I've tried Powerburst.. it worked but I never got the really nasty jobs that would put it to good use.

O
M
G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?????

so many

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

I was given a pail of Cobbs powermax the other day by another cleaner....when I looked at it it was the fluffy kind and was not all clumped together.....I am going to try it out this coming week and I am willing to bet the bank it works better then the sandy clumped stuff we have been getting lately......

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
floorguy said:
sweendogg said:

ones i have at hand:

O
M
G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?????

so many

Planet Guard Case was free with some kinda of equipment purchase, Quake is still around when I was searching for a heavy hitter.. Grease Eraser and Powerbrust were suggestions so I got a container of each to try.. I really like Grease Eraser.. powerburst... not so much. Grandslam was a staple that we've used since we started.. and because of our business relationship with Aaron Groseclose we've tried and like alot of Masterblend's products.

Also I don't keep alot on the truck, I mix my presprays and rinses before I head out.

I've been blessed to be able to try alot of different products. If I had to keep to only a few at hand..

I'd keep Judson O2 system plus modifier, grease eraser, redline powder and planet guard.

Use mostly the Judson for most, and keep a container of the others on the truck for the right situations.

Good answer David. I keep redline powder, powerburst, and fine fabric on my truck. I can clean any carpet with those solutions. I also keep a foam carpet shampoo for certain applications. Redline gets used on most jobs. Powerburst is great for restaurants. I am going to browse in a pressure washing place next week and try their super strength degreaser that will cut paint or so I hear. I have been told purple power simply will not cut the grease in extreme cases and this stuff busts it with ease. The next time I clean a nasty restaurant I am going to lay some down right out of the kitchen where it is caked on and see what happens.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I agree the Redline just plain works.. And with only 6 scoops to a hydroforce, talk about it going the distance. It made me a hero once again at a little old ladies house on Friday. 10 year old extra light creme carpet, never been cleaned.. thought for sure I was going to need an oxidizer for some of the traffic lanes. But stuck to the redline normal strength, gave her a good scrubbing and she rinsed right up.

TimP

Judson O2 for most residential. I've got Trafficslam for my cgd and nasty carpet. It's all I really need.

Used many different different products but these seem to do the job for me.

I didn't like mixing extreme clean, powermax (works good but not for inline sprayers). I've used zone perfect, ultrapac, prozyme, axiom, flex, powermaxx, the bridgepoint version of powerburst, powerstrike. That's all I can think of of the top of my head as far as TLC'ers. All work well except for axiom. It comes down to what works the best at the lowest price, I picked judson O2 and trafficslam cause they are liquid and RTU cost is reasonable. I probably need to try some of this redline, if it works at 6 oz per inline sprayer that's gotta be economical.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhh isnt a scoop 2 oz worth???? so that means 12 oz in a hydroforce....not 6

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom