Lets Talk Dwell time............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
do you feel it does you any good......

what are you doing when the room is sitting and dwelling for 10 ..15 min....

are you looking over the couch watching a episode of young and the restless while you are waiting ???

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
spray first room then set-up equipment.

Spray second room then extract 1st room

Spray 3rd room then extract 2nd room

and so on

I see a difference most with dwell time when I am using an enzyme....15 to 20 min....i spray and then get finished setting everything up and ready to go....

TimP

Spray first (battery sprayer) then set up TM......it's easier to spray not having to push hoses around to spray under them and it saves money not running the TM durring the time you're not really using it but to spray. I prefer to spray way in front of me but it's not all the popular...but keep in mind I live in Florida and have plenty of humidity.

John Watson

I prespray TA's, Helen has set up slidders move contents to and fro, Normaly spray 1/2 to 2/3 of job Then spray remaining allowing at least 10 min dwell.

Greenie

Jim Martin said:
what are you doing when the room is sitting and dwelling for 10 ..15 min....

are you looking over the couch watching a episode of young and the restless while you are waiting ???

I'm reminded of the *** video, that is the time when you rifle through the panty drawer.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I spray (hrdroforce) the cleanest room/areas first that don't really require a dwell time and then bring in the vac hoses and fire it up and away I go cleaning. I find that usually it's had 5-7 minutes anyway by the time you've sprayed 1-2 more rooms and set up.

John

R

rotovacguy

I'm a lot like Tim on this one. After I vacuum the place out, I apply the pre-spray to the entire place, unless it's an ungodly huge place, then I'll section it off.

Then I'll start scrubbing in the very first room I applied pre-spray. Usually by that time it's had a good 10 minutes dwell time.

By the time I get done scrubbing and get ready to extract, it's had at least 30 minutes to dwell, depending on the size of the job. Most residentials I do are in the 600-800 square foot of carpet area.

So I'd say a total dwell time of 30 minutes on avg. And the results are always great.

TimP

Dwell time is about the easiest aspect to get for cleaning......TACT temp, aggitation, chemicals, and time.....the last 2 go hand in hand!!! You can go without aggitation if you ad more time and good chems.

That's the way I see it.....

Raedan

I pres-pray the dirtiest areas first then the less soiled. Finish setting up. Bring in Vac hose,wand,Stair tool etc. Then run APO hose. I'll take 15 min. to do this. Then start on the cleanest areas first. This will give the dirtiest areas that I sprayed first the longest dwell time. I'll pre-spray what I think will not dry on me before I get to it with the wand. Depends on Humidity, How much spray I put down Etc.

Joe

G

Vacuuming is the second in time consuming; I prespray everything unless areas are just too larger(E.I 8000 sqft house I do 1 time a year). let dwell 20 min minimum while setting up; apply lite coat of solvent to high traffic area just prior to extracting(during extraction process on heavily soiled areas make additional wet & dry passes); apply Protectant if purchased; Grandi Groom. I use a Powerhead; so prescrubbing not needed.

hogjowl

Idiot™
My opinion on this is that dwell time is not really that important of an issue. What I mean is, if it won't come out from 5 minutes of dwell time, 15 minutes won't do much to help. I prespray one room ahead and if that's not sufficient, then off comes the 175 and the brush.

Greenie

Alright Pokster....I have to ask cause it's the #1 comment from O2 users....you don't see a benefit when using O2 to let it dwell longer? That is what everyone says..it was so so with 5 mins...it was much much better with 15 mins. So what gives?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Greenie:
You're problem has always been that you listen to those folks who tell you what you like to hear.

I've alway shot straight with you.

Raedan

Dwell time on anything you clean weather it's carpet,tile, or your engine block makes a difference. But you have a point Marty. If you use the right pre-spray for the soiling conditions you should see it start to work almost immediately. Most of the time.
If your using an 02 booster or an enzyme pre-spray it's beneficial to let it dwell.
That's my 2cents

Joe

Greenie

So....no gain from longer than 5 min. dwell?

Gonna make me test it in 5 min. increments?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom