licorice

glenboy

Name
GLEN
My customer says their dog got into a bag of licorice and then vomited on the carpet...this is a new one too me....my assumption would be neutralized the area and use my prochem red dye and food coloring remover....its in a nylon carpet

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
My customer says their dog got into a bag of licorice and then vomited on the carpet...this is a new one too me....my assumption would be neutralized the area and use my prochem red dye and food coloring remover....its in a nylon carpet

I ran into this just the other week. Customer's dog got into Christmas stocking and ate red licorice and Gummy Bears. Dog vomited and pooped in several areas. Owner rented Rug Doctor to clean carpets. They sucked up dog diarrhea to reveal several red stains. Also two large brown stains.

I used Red One with steam heat to easily remove the red stains. Brown stains remained after we cleaned carpets. I was not sure how to proceed with the brown stains, as applying a reducing agent and Heating it could make a stain much more difficult to remove it the process did not work. I decided first to use an oxidizer. I applied Stain Magic and covered with Pro's Choice DCI UV light. I left bottle of Stain Magic and DCI light with customer and instructed them that if the stain lightened to mist the spot again until stain was gone, then to mist another area and move DCI light to cover it. The stains were completely gone after several hours.

White nylon carpet and customers were having a Christmas party in two days.

They also appreciated the fact that I wiped down some furniture legs that got a little mist of prespray on them.

What caused the brown stains? I think the owner used very hot water in their Rug Doctor which set the stain. Hot Water not recommended for protein stains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Pat Muller

Name
Pat Muller
Since the majority of the dyes inviloved here will be of synthetic nature, using a reducing agent will be the answer

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Ok...I used prochems food dye stain remover and removed about 98% of the stains...thank you all for the input

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom