life of vacum hose

glenboy

Name
GLEN
does anyone know if vac um hose wears out so to say or how long do cleaners use it for before replacing it

Greenie

The inside liner looks like the outside, so it will become less efficient as it scratches up and gets pin holes in the webbing.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
heavy duty vac hose
(not the light wt crap)
will last years and years.

if your hose tears, leaks, collapses or comes a part at the seams..

it's CRAP!!

..L.T.A.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Alot depends on the care given during the service life, and the amount of damaging debris that was "forgotten" by a dutiful prevac. Not to mention the number of times it gets stepped on and run over.

breathe72

Marty, care to explain what that means? Particularly to the fellow who started the thread? Nothing personal, but you took the time to insert your lofty comment; why not offer up some of those 20 years of experience as well?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
i just replaced the blower & hoses with our in plant extractor the 2" hose literally disintegrating kinda brittle we run a verity of solvents through the system so I'm not surprised was it's about 9 years old

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I made it 20+ years before i replaced the hose on my CDS. The first length takes the most of the beating.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I used high quality hose and replaced every 4 years. Partly this was for appearance to the client as well as the effectiveness of the hose.

It was not about to fall apart when I changed it, but it made sense that the hoses would gradually deteriorate. I wanted to keep things running top notch. So I had a schedule to replace hose just as I did for replacing filters, changing oil and other maintenance items.

Scott Warrington

hogjowl

Idiot™
I suppose it I started losing vacuum and finding clogs of hair and such inside my hose I'd change it out.

But I'm not changing it just cuz some window cleaner tells me mine has lost it's efficiency.

By the way, how can you identify a non-efficient vacuum hose?

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i guess that is why i was looking for input and i got it what kind of hose do uall suggest buyin does anyone know what the hose is called i am tryin too find it in supplier catalogs like mc master-carr

Greenie

Glen, call me, I spent a bunch of time doing just that vacuum hose research, got lots of samples in, learned a lot.

Back
Top Bottom