Like-new Windsor iCapsol (Pro Caps) CRB for $99

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Check your local Home Depot rental tool sale. I got a pristine Windsor iCapsol CRB (no spray system) for $99. Rental tool manager said it sat around for years; they never rented it out. They also had a Clark single-vac porty with heat for $597 (I passed).

John Olson (Superior Cleaning Solutions) was so kind as to give me tips on its use and maintenance when I called him for extra belts, which he said I didn't need.

Last edited:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Priced appropriately. ;)
I anticipated that cheap shot, Killbuzz. Just wanted to steer a MB brutha to a deal. I've used it every day for the past week to prescrub HWE, so I've already got my $ out of it. I like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
For that price you got a steal for sure!

I just wouldn't want another new one, as ours fell apart in six months.
Thanks, Mike. Which component(s) on your machine failled?

John Olson has had a rental unit for three years with no problem.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They hop around like a chicken on a hot plate.

Pretty crappy unit for what it was designed for however for use as a preconditioning machine probably a good deal. Just don't expect too much out of it as a stand alone system!

John Olson
link1.gif
has had a rental unit for three years with no problem.
They last forever.........when you don't rent them! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We use it weekly in our store and I have customers that have had them just as long. If you take care of your tools they take care of you. They aren't a cimex but they don't grind the sand and hair in they take it out.

Reactions: Johnny

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chicken on hot plate. Too light, not very effective on anything beyond light soil. Go back to the drawing board, this one is toast. Stack it next to the funky extractor, lame dehumidifer and wierd air mover. Good thing they make great chems & TM's. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I anticipated that cheap shot, Killbuzz. Just wanted to steer a MB brutha to a deal. I've used it every day for the past week to prescrub HWE, so I've already got my $ out of it. I like it.

No offense intended. As a former dealer we sold quite a few iCapsol machines, and they were a problem for us from beginning to end. Lots of breakage of belts, breakage of the handle, even breakage of the chassis, the list goes on and on. And the worst part was that Windsor failed to stand behind them, even while some were still under warranty. And that is why I say that $99 is a fair price for one of these. Why is it worth even that much? Because it can be used as a lightweight scrubber. But as far as using it day-in day-out or getting support - that's another story altogether. But I do hope that yours holds up well and gives you a decent run!

Let's hope Windsor can do bettter now that they've taken control of the Orbot! Time will tell. :icon_neutral:
Orbot is now sold exclusively under the Windsor label...
http://www.windsorind.com/ViewCategories.aspx?Pid=1528

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom