Limestone Polishing

Name
cameron demille
We installed new office floor for a client to match up with their existing floor. The material is Beaumaniere French Limestone. The new floor was honed and he existing is polished.

I used Stone Pro resin diamonds and Stone Pro 5x, then sealed with MB Stone Care's MB-4 Impregnator.

The shine isn't that great, but this is a very soft limestone. I'm happy with the results.

Please excuse the watermark, I am playing around with a trial photo program.

Before

VRry1v5.jpg

After

Mh0jCxw.jpg

other angles

1pC8GNw.jpg

yBh1hN8.jpg

Name
cameron demille
It's a funny stone. It's limestone, so very soft by default, but light scratches don't really show up. It's more like minor gouges. Marble can get very light, faint scratches but this stuff will resist that well. It is extremely porous though and needs a good sealer. It wears the crap out of the diamonds, it's extremely abrasive. You'll go through a set in about 800 square feet

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Looks great. I wonder if using a densifier before honing would help in increasing diamond life. I know it's done on concrete but wonder if it works on stone.

Albert

ted mcfadden

Supportive Member
Name
Ted McFadden
Looks great. I wonder if using a densifier before honing would help in increasing diamond life. I know it's done on concrete but wonder if it works on stone.

Albert

This has been tried a few times with mixed results. Densifiers don't seem to have a predictable effect on calcite (calcium Carbonate) based material.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom