Lippage removal and a Idiot

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Looked at a travertine install with heavy to severe lippage-poor install.Sent over the proposal to the project manager.The guy (PM) first said that the lippage wasn't severe and not that heavy and then proceeded to say that all he wants is for us to remove the lippage but... he shouldn't be responsible for the bringing back the level of sheen.However,the owner of the building(this is to be his company's headquarters) will have something else to say to the project manager.The owner requested us,no one else since we saved his home's new install 3 years ago-2300 some odd square feet of severe lippage,18x18-all of it was screwed.Always fun when someone,who has no idea what to do,tells you how to do your job.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Most of that one I mentioned was thicker than a quarter,you couldn't slide a hockey puck from one tile to the next without it catching.Really the problem with this particular job starts with the slab.It really should've been removed and repoured but the project manager decided not to.The subsequent installation on that slab of course came out horrible.There are 2 other areas where they will be installing the same travertine but,this time,they at least attempted to put a leveler down,but really even that looked like dooky.

The project manager emailed back today and mentioned that "since the owner doesn't think he is responsible for paying for it",that now he is gonna look for a lower bid because "for some reason",he has to pay for the whole fix himself :cry: you pay cheap,you get cheap.Oh well

brzelt

Name
Bruce Zelt
Patrick,

That sounds like a floor that I just looked at... over off Cobb ind?

I must be there for the low ball hack estimate :shock: :mrgreen:

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Hey Bruce, yeah... it it sure sounds like it. Let us know if you get the job,sounds like you even had the same conversation too. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom