Lisa Smith..

Mikey P

Administrator
Put down those ugly dogs for a second and please correct Rob's tainted version of Glide history as only YOU can.

Previous PM | Next PM
Message subject: *** thread, those dummies
Sent at: 23 May 2010 05:37 pm
To: Mikey P
Let's not forget if there was no Ken Harris there would probably be no glides in our industry. So regardless of how polarising he is all cleaners should appreciate the fact that he brought glides to the forefront of the industry.

Glide history in a nutshell;

Ken whittled first teflon glides.
Greenie worked for Ken.
Greenie then took his glides and copied them.
Lisa gave good service.
Mike P got kick backs for promoting GG's and defaming Ken to kill his business.
Ken's business suffered greatly.
HRI sued GG.
Lisa,Greenie made millions & took up donations to fight HRI.
Lisa and Greenie did not show up and lost by default.
*** allows Ken on because Nellos/Cooper exposed all the above.
Mike P goes on a smear campaign against *** because of lost members and glide kickbacks.
John L goes on the offensive and sues HRI b4 they sue him.
GG's sells glides illegally and put all cleaners who buy them at risk of litigation.
Lisa & Greenie divorced.
JB steps in and sends GG's to China for cheap reproduction.
Lisa puts GG's in new husbands name.
John loses in court because Lisa & Jeff convicted by no show.
JB gets worried and sells to Ken only till he runs out.
Ken's service is slow and is temporarily suspended on ***.
John appeals but has a hard road ahead because GG's dropped the ball.
If John loses then say bye because GG's,JB and many others will be shut down permanently.

So like him or not Ken put glides on the map. Then a ton of drama followed. I am sure all these developments made his business suffer greatly but that does not excuse consistent slow delivery. So his account has been suspended until he picks up the pace

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Oh geez, what a bunch of horse piss. I'll answer this specifically in the morning. Drove to Phoenix and back today and we're going to eat watch a quick movie and go to bed.

Take care,
Lisa

steve g

Name
steve garrett
some of it is true, most not, the part about mikey getting kickbacks thats pretty funny, maybe free stuff but not kickbacks. come on don't stroke mikey's ego too much. the glides did do millions in volume but not much profit was made. what should have been done was offer 6 types of glides if there isn't a glide for your wand tuff shit its a POS wand that needs to be put in the garbage anyways. quit making glides for those stupid castex wands. next no demo glides and no free glides to old broke dicks. Next charged 199.00 for each glide, if you want one that is what you gotta pay, no discounts to broke dicks. this would have left ample money so that HR would not have been able to win. maybe they would have backed down after seeing what they were up against. peace through strength.

randy

Name
Randy
Harris would have won anyway.

Prediction: The patent review will not over turn /revoke the patent, in fact they will only look at a very small part of the issue and the litigation that has occurred won't even be discussed during the review. Greenglides will be shut down permanently, even if under a new owner. Continuing to sell the infringing glides will prove very expensive for Greenglides in the end.

When the dust settles everyone will still be looking for a honest vendor to sell them a legal and available Glide.

Holed Glides will disappear & all the others that don't infringe will be just as popular. Someone will start a company to compete against Ken Harris as he is unable to operate a business ethically & with acceptable customer service. He could have controlled 90% of the glide market forever, but his boast about ripping off dumb Americans on the Canadian board, despicable customer service along with the ethical by-pass at birth set him up to be a "never win". Frankly the guy would screw up a wet dream and everyone within this industry knows that, with the possible exception of a few newbies.

Bob Foster

It will be impossible to hold a $199 price or to keep glides out of our hands.
GG will win.
Lisa will thrive.
There is nobody deserving Karma's favor more than Lisa.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Damn, gotta go to the DMV this morning.

No millions were made.

Total donations which were unsolicited BTW was about 2,000 over the last 5+ years.

Jeff sold ONE wand/glide combo for Ken (if I remember right it was to Lee Cory) and quit because of ken's issues.

We started making glides after Mikey begged us to make them because he knew Ken was going to fail and he felt it was important that glides continue.

Our case and LaBarbera's case were separate and did not hurt nor help each other's cases. They are even in different states. John's case was lost mainly due to omissions by his attorneys, but his re-exam's in the USPTO look good still. He is no longer selling glides.

We are STILL in litigation. 6 years now.

Mike (nor anyone else) ever got kickbacks on anything. He did get a lot of free testers over the years, but never anything EVER on sales. Nor did anyone else.

If we choose to give back to the industry by giving free glides to those who are old, injured or ill, it is our business. Money is not as important as your dealings with people and I believe we should help those we have the power to help.

Take care,
Lisa

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Win or lose, some enterprising soul might find it a simple solution to outsource production and sales of GG to a country outside of the U.S. as has been suggested before.

Unfortunately in this country, justice prevails for the person with the deepest pockets.

Mikey P

Administrator
you forget to mention how Rob is selling knock offs of your and Ken's glides on his site.

He thinks that by putting pictures of Slide Guys legal glides on his shopping cart that HR won't be able to figure out that he is selling illegal contraband.

he is the debil in disguise.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
randy said:

Prediction: The patent review will not over turn /revoke the patent, in fact they will only look at a very small part of the issue and the litigation that has occurred won't even be discussed during the review. Greenglides will be shut down permanently, even if under a new owner. Continuing to sell the infringing glides will prove very expensive for Greenglides in the end.

how do you figure that, if you don't have any assets to attach what the hell is HR going to do?? greenie, lisa her new husband don't have assets those guys can go after. so there isn't anything they can do, they also can keep transferring ownership to someone else then HR has to go after them all over again. so figure 5 years until they shut down lisa's new husband, by then she can probably transfer it to one of her kids, then 5 more years with them. by that time the patent that HR has, has expired. besides a few smart people I know have enough glides to last them for a while, maybe I should do that :lol:

the only thing I would be careful of if I was lisa is being seen as assisting the new owner, most court rulings of this nature also forbid assisting another party in infringement. I personally would keep a low profile, I also would not answer the door or let anyone else answer the door unless they were a known person, that way it keeps HR from serving papers on anyone.

mikey don't look at that Rob guy as bad, that is just another person HR has to fight, its more to bleed them dry, at the end of the day I want them to know they spent millions and NEVER stopped the flow of glides. so they will know they pissed away millions, yeah they are a big company but money is still money even to them. besides if anyone wants a glide, I think they know who to buy from.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Well how about selling pieces of teflon that can be ordered in different sizes/configs. without holes drilled in them. I have a drill, I can put in holes....

Maybe they can be legally sold as protective wand caps.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I think thats been suggested before...if you sell a piece of teflon that has "pilot holes" not all the way through. What is the harm in that ?

F

FB7777

if this is such a no-brainer, then why don't one of you bubble butt bulletin board blowhards have a go at it?

Just remember, you need the designs for slot and hybrid glides for 10+ of the most popular wands and you will need to sell them through a distribution network like JonDon or Interlink who is only going to want to re-imburse you about $10 per glide more than your cost.

You'll wait for your money and except all returns and damages etc

You'll make millions like Jeff and Lisa :roll:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
fred boyle said:
if this is such a no-brainer, then why don't one of you bubble butt bulletin board blowhards have a go at it?

Just remember, you need the designs for slot and hybrid glides for 10+ of the most popular wands and you will need to sell them through a distribution network like JonDon or Interlink who is only going to want to re-imburse you about $10 per glide more than your cost.

You'll wait for your money and except all returns and damages etc

You'll make millions like Jeff and Lisa :roll:

Now that was funny Fref :lol: :lol:

randy

Name
Randy
steve g said:
randy said:

how do you figure that, if you don't have any assets to attach what the hell is HR going to do?? greenie, lisa her new husband don't have assets those guys can go after. so there isn't anything they can do, they also can keep transferring ownership to someone else then HR has to go after them all over again. so figure 5 years until they shut down lisa's new husband, by then she can probably transfer it to one of her kids, then 5 more years with them. by that time the patent that HR has, has expired. besides a few smart people I know have enough glides to last them for a while, maybe I should do that :lol:

the only thing I would be careful of if I was lisa is being seen as assisting the new owner, most court rulings of this nature also forbid assisting another party in infringement. I personally would keep a low profile, I also would not answer the door or let anyone else answer the door unless they were a known person, that way it keeps HR from serving papers on anyone.

mikey don't look at that Rob guy as bad, that is just another person HR has to fight, its more to bleed them dry, at the end of the day I want them to know they spent millions and NEVER stopped the flow of glides. so they will know they pissed away millions, yeah they are a big company but money is still money even to them. besides if anyone wants a glide, I think they know who to buy from.

You are forgetting that willful infringement of a patent is a Federal offense, as in crime. With respect to offshore manufacturing and shipping into the United States that becomes separate offenses. Treaties with all United Nations member countries allow enforcement and extradition for patent infringement crimes. A few years ago a company that was selling knocks off patented handbags was raided in Alexandria, Va by the FBI. The principles received a $250,000 fine and five years in Federal Prison. If a patent holder wants to pursue criminal charges, they can file a complaint the the States Attorney General and/ or the Department of Justice. The FBI actually has agents assigned full time to patent crime, LOL (our tax dollars at work). Patent law firms hire international private detectives (mostly ex-feds.) to track down international violators / operators of the sweat shops that copy the original designs.

Defying court orders to cease infringement, playing a shell game of who owns it now etc. will not work if Harris is serious (and I would guess they are from what we have seen thus far).

Yep, if the infringing glide is important to you stock up or learn to make them. To me that is Harris's big challenge. If 2-5% of users learned to make them, the just among friends dealing would be an unbreakable racket. Picture Connections 2013, a line of cleaners is constantly leaving the trade show floor and heading down to room 319 at the Econo lodge where a quickly thrown together glide bazaar is in full swing. Several pre-paid phones are being used for phone in orders and discreetly delivered to your hotel room. Instead of guys buy a glide, they are buying whatever they need till next year.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas and Harris research will just have to deal with the reality of that. shiteatinggrin

P.S. Make sure you get a ground floor room at the econo-lodge. Carrying a drill press (last minute special orders) up the stairs would be rough.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
All prohibition did in the 1920's was send alcohol production underground. If in the end the HR patent remains "valid" then essential tools like glides will go underground. People who want them bad enough will learn how to make it themselves.

Name
John LaBarbera
truckmount girl said:
Damn, gotta go to the DMV this morning.

No millions were made.

Total donations which were unsolicited BTW was about 2,000 over the last 5+ years.

Jeff sold ONE wand/glide combo for Ken (if I remember right it was to Lee Cory) and quit because of ken's issues.

We started making glides after Mikey begged us to make them because he knew Ken was going to fail and he felt it was important that glides continue.

Our case and LaBarbera's case were separate and did not hurt nor help each other's cases. They are even in different states. John's case was lost mainly due to omissions by his attorneys, but his re-exam's in the USPTO look good still. He is no longer selling glides.

We are STILL in litigation. 6 years now.

Mike (nor anyone else) ever got kickbacks on anything. He did get a lot of free testers over the years, but never anything EVER on sales. Nor did anyone else.

If we choose to give back to the industry by giving free glides to those who are old, injured or ill, it is our business. Money is not as important as your dealings with people and I believe we should help those we have the power to help.

Take care,
Lisa

This is accurate except for the the comment about my attorneys "omissions". That fact is we were prohibited by court rulings from presenting certain evidence.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
rhyde said:
fred boyle said:

Geezz somebody needs to get laid :lol:

ATT00001-1.jpg

randy

Name
Randy
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
All prohibition did in the 1920's was send alcohol production underground. If in the end the HR patent remains "valid" then essential tools like glides will go underground. People who want them bad enough will learn how to make it themselves.

Yep I can see it now, Welcome to the Noble Speakeasy, oops I mean Noble Glide easy.
No order forms, paper work or credit cards. CASH ONLY.

Put your money in the slot in the door and your glide will pop out.

It's going to be hilarious watching Harris research recruit their very own Elliot Ness to chase down the bootleggers. Some of which will make more slinging glides than cleaning carpet.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
I met a guy who used to work for Harris Research years ago, who told me he was specifically hired to take the Piranha Marketing system ChemDry had bought, and knock-off the entire manual - being careful not to get caught on any copyright infringement issues. He was so excited to meet me, because he loved the material. :) It was funny and maddening at the same time.

I find it ironic that Harris actually created anything worth modeling, because they have always been the last ones to innovate - but the ones with the legal dollars to roll over whoever they can. It's like DC - the one with the money gets their way.

I don't use glides in the rug world... but if I did, I'd buy one from you Lisa simply to give the finger to Harris. Six years is a waste of time, money, and energy - nothing that a small business should be subjected to.

I know we clash on some things (okay - lots of things) here.... but on this one, even not knowing any of the "real" details (because there is always 3 sides to every story - yours, theirs, and then what really happened...) - I hope the owners of Harris choke on their patents, because they have a history of dishonesty to the industry, and eventually what goes around comes around.

Hopefully this will end soon, and you will be on to better things. The one thing you have over them is that you are an entrepreneur, and can innovate, and have a work ethic that will outperform the big corporate lunkheads eventually.

They suck. Though they suck a little more smoothly with their glides....

Lisa W.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
LisaWagnerCRS said:
They suck. Though they suck a little more smoothly with their glides....

Lisa W.

Lisa my understanding is that they (or Chemdry) don't even use or make glides. So I think they just suck.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Mikey P said:
Lisa Wagner,

I'll assume you use wands in your plant (studio? spa? care facility?) to extract some rugs, why don't your arteests like Glides on them?

Nope... real rug plants have wringers.

Lisa W.
(Did I just lose one of my 2 pts?!?) :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom