Lisa Wagner is right on!

Mikey P

Administrator
Feeling stumped on a certain aspect of your life?

Hire a mentor.

I did.

My motor bike riding was not where I wanted it to be.
I ride with some top notch motor heads who have 100's of thousands of asphalt under their Aerostichs and my sub 35k miles of experience was really bumming me out.

I befriended the fastest smoothest rider out of the bunch and offered to pay his way with motel rooms and lunches this summer if he would slow down a bit and give me some pointers.

Our first outing was today. I trailed him most of the day relying on his hand signals and body English to set me straight. What an eye opener.
I also had him ride my bike to see if there was anything wrong with it that I could put the blame on.
When he came back around the corner doing a wheely and coming to skidding stop it was "wholly shit dude, it ain't the bike, IT'S ALL YOU!"

What gear to be in, new ultra sticky tires instead of sport tourers, where I need to be in the lane on the slab and the goat trails, acceleration, deceleration or lack of, body position, PMA and more was all covered...

Awesome.

Truly vegan chicken strips for the first time.

So what have YOU hire a mentor for MB'rs?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Does this mean, the member fee will be $6.00 now?

Easy out there. :p

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The hardest thing for a strong willed, independent business person to do is to realize that he or she needs a "boss", even if for a brief period of time.

Hiring a boss you can fire when you got what you needed isn't such a bad thing, if you think about it.

Hiring a teacher if that's a better word for it is just the same.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Less than a year ago the IICRC hired a Professional, non-profit Mentor and although you may not be aware of many changes from the outside just yet, I can tell you the changes that he has brought about already are huge.
Think, basic things like what kind of gas to put in your Bike and which side of the road to ride on and how to avoid getting a ticket.

Once all of the filters and fluids have been cleaned out, this baby will be purring like a Tech with his new Glide.

Name
George Valliant
Here's a fun trick! :-)

Mikey, can i borrow your motorcycle?

f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BxU03PQ2kEf]

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mikey- Do all you boyfriends, I'm sorry, riding buddies, ride with helmets and do you rag on them when they don't. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom