Little Giant burner problem

fastinjun

Name
Mitch
Ran the machine today, lit the heater and switched it to On...water got hot but about 10 min. in the water went cold. I went outside adn checked and the burners were off on the little giant. I shut down, relit the pilot and switched to on, 5 min. later, same thing
any clues whats going on???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Maybe it needs a new thermocouple? If its shutting down the gas valve.

How old is the heater? Easy replacement if its the bad part.

Last edited by a moderator:

fastinjun

Name
Mitch
Thanks for quick responses. I remounted the heater last week, I wonder if I mounted it too close to the truckmount and the fan wash is throwing wind on the burners. The tanks has plenty of propane so that isnt it. I'll try cleaning the burner ring too.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Thermo couplers get funky sometimes. But, usually if they are bad the become hard to light.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I remounted the heater last week, I wonder if I mounted it too close to the truckmount and the fan wash is throwing wind on the burners. .

good trouble shooting thought .
if the burner worked fine before the move, sounds like your on the right track .
But it's likely not the burner ring that's getting blown out, more likely the pilot light, cause it's such a small flame and easily blown out

depending on set up, and "if" it's fan wash blowing it out, it may be as simple a fix as positioning a piece of equipment like a sprayer or whatever in the "wind stream" to block/divert fan wash from blowing the pilot out

..L.T.A.

Reactions: fastinjun

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was thinking that from what you're saying. Clean your jets, knock out all the crap before you reassemble.
And if its the pilot light being blown out, put something in front of it to block the wind.
Watch Les' videos on Youtube about how to maintain a LG heater.

mahlonzehr

I had the same issue a month ago.

Finally figured out that the pilot orifice was clogged on my LG. there are two tiny holes and if one of them clogs you will get a tiny weak pilot light. Remove the pilot supply line and unscrew the orifice. The holes are super small, too small for any of my jet cleaners, so I just reamed a bigger hole with my smallest jet cleaner. Now I have a ginormous 3"-5"pilot flame that never blows out, lol.

You can can also order a new orifice from steambrite for about $10 plus $10 shipping.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom