little giant heater problems

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
What slowly goes bad on these gas not flowing can't keep heat flames does not seem forceful what's my problem

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Maybe one of u asshole lurkers kud speak up and help one of your fellow cleaners out hiw much knowledge have u stole from me

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Did you open the valve on the propane tank.
did you damage the regulator
is there propane in the tank
does the gas ring need cleaning.
did you damage the unitrol.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Keep working at it Waldo.. I might be willing to offer you something for your POS.. If you can't fix it!

[video=youtube;fL6wbsGx9qw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL6wbsGx9qw[/video]

Becker

Name
Becker
Regulator. I've had them go bad in my home BBQ. Weak flame.

Replaced regulator. Back to normal.

Becker

Name
Becker
I love the instant needless heat of propane.

But going fwd I don't see me ever having one as a main cleaning machine.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
What slowly goes bad on these gas not flowing can't keep heat flames does not seem forceful what's my problem

Most common problem on all LP heaters is the burner jets get clogged up and do not flow the proper amount of vapor.
And as long as it took you to take the heater apart and get your leak fixed I won't even ask the last time you serviced the burner jets because I know the answer...Never.
If you do decide to service the jets replace the regulator also with a top quality 2 stage regulator.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
1) Dirty main jets. However, this is usually caught when we see just one or a few jets showing flame problems.
2) Burner Gas Pressure. Regulator. Regulator setting. Plumbing restriction.
3) Too small of a propane tank, or really cold weather. A small tank has less surface evaporation potential, as well as contributing to a chilling of the propane. Cold propane does not vaporize into the needed volume of fuel needed, resulting in a. LPG pressure drop.
4) A little of all, or part of the above.

One thing that often overlooked is gas pressure. The gas pressure on a good regulator at the regulator is meaningless if you have restrictive plumbing between the regulator and the heater. Most regulators have a degree of adjustability, but not enough to compensate if the hose/plumbing is restrictive or overtly lengthy. The regulator should be located as close as is safe to the heater. And since the regulated pressure is a mere few ounces per square inch, hose diameter and fitting diameters are crucial. No 3/8 or smaller should be used, and 5/8 " is usable provided the distance is not too far.

The side of the gas valve on the 3HT models has a gas port, to which you attach a manometer and test when the burner is firing. Should be 11" of water column. Tank should be at least 11 gallon capacity in most mild climates, and larger in cold climates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Thanks to Terry Brevik for helping me fix my problem.....I was out of propane. ouch.

Golden Boy

Name
Roger Weisberg

You most likely need to remove the burner ring, which only takes a few minutes, then clean out the jets with the PROPER jet cleaner tool. Then reinstall and tighten everything correctly, which again only takes a short time. I have one of the jet cleaning tools if you need to know what size it is let me know and I'll go look for it and repost. Usually the way to tell is your water temperature continually drops over time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom