little giant heater, temp problems

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have a tcs chief, 3t heater.

I am only getting about 170 at the wand. The knob is turned all the way up... I am running 400 psi. What notch on the dial do you normally put it on? I was told that the big notch is 180 but who knows.

Bob Foster

It's likely not the jets its in the control then. Stay tuned perhaps Les can help you. I'll see if I can get him to post something.

Bob Foster

I just talked to Les. If you are running a regular flow wand then with a LJ #3 will only put out 200 to 210 at the truck. By the time it gets to the wand then 170-180 sounds right.

But Les asked if you were having trouble cleaning the carpets. That 170 at the wand is an honest temperature. A lot of other units particularly CDS units will not be that hot at the wand.

If you want more performance trade it for a #4 HP which will make it into a flame thrower capable of running high flow and have up to 1200 psi available for cleaning tiles with your tile tools.

There's lots of demand for a good used #3 heater so it should sell easy. A number #4 sells for around $1900.

Happy cleaning.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
runnning a 4 jet new bentley. not having any problems with the cleaning of carpet. Thank you so much for checking into that for me..

Name
Nate W.
joeynbgky said:
mikey where do you put the knob on your heater? all the way up?

Mikey has a #4 heater. It would be different with your heater. There is a way that you can make your #3 heater put out more heat, but it isn't recommended by manufactures.

Name
Jesse
If your running cold inlet water and reasonable size jets then there may be no point in turning it up. If you get 250F then 5min later your cleaning with 160 again, that's no good.

How long does the burner run after you stop a typical wanding session? If it's more than 45 seconds there is little point in raising the temp unless the inlet water temo is addressed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom