Little Giant Heaters

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Where is the best place to mount these? Do you need to vent them out? Post pics of your mounted units.

Golden Boy

G

Somewhere you can ignite it from without crawling in tight places,and no it does not need venting out but having good airflow through the van is always a good idea,gets figgen hot.

R

R W

I've got my 3HT mounted in my shop as a heater for the sink. Don't use it often, but it comes in handy when you need hot water for wash up.

No pics.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Kevin's right about having it close enough to light while standing outside. The ignitor never seemed to work for me so I have a long Bic lighter(just the spark from it is enough to light the pilot). I much perfer to vent it outside. Keeps alot of the heat out of the van in the summer. The heater will burn quite clean but it will still cause the inside of the van to dirty. I just put a 90 on top of the heat and ran it to a side door. Then I put another 90 on it when I set up to get it out of the van.

Name
I'm Rick James
I have a 3ht. Mine use to be mounted on the frame of the TM, but the vibrations was to much. So I extended to with normal steamline to the back of the van, near the back doors. I dont have to crawl in the van to light it anymore. I have it set up so the wind doesnt blow out the pilot light. I will take a pic and email it to you.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
I have it set up so the wind doesnt blow out the pilot light.

Brent,

Can wind be a problem? I was thinking of getting the propane cart model that would ride in the back of the van but be pulled out and set beside the van while in use.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Jim, Why would you want to take it out each time? I really don't think it's necessary and would be to heavy when it's full of water.

Name
I'm Rick James
Jim Morrison said:
I have it set up so the wind doesnt blow out the pilot light.

Brent,

Can wind be a problem? I was thinking of getting the propane cart model that would ride in the back of the van but be pulled out and set beside the van while in use.

I have not had a problem with wind. I have read by other people that the wind would blow out the pilot light.

lance

Jim, yes the wind can be a problem sometimes. I have a 2ht on a dolly with pneumatic wheels so I can move it around. I put some 2 x 4 around the bottom to deflect the wind.

If you're going to move the heater, move it as far as possible up the sloution line so you minimize the cooling of the water. I think it would work better that way especially when doing long hose runs. The cart you mentioned is a little bulky and not really made to go in and out of a van. You can get a dolly with big tires and cut down the handle and then bolt it back on. That way the dolly is just a little taller than the heater.

If you do get the 3ht make sure it has the high pressure coil in it.

R

R W

lance said:
Jim, yes the wind can be a problem sometimes. I have a 2ht on a dolly with pneumatic wheels so I can move it around. I put some 2 x 4 around the bottom to deflect the wind.

If you're going to move the heater, move it as far as possible up the sloution line so you minimize the cooling of the water. I think it would work better that way especially when doing long hose runs. The cart you mentioned is a little bulky and not really made to go in and out of a van. You can get a dolly with big tires and cut down the handle and then bolt it back on. That way the dolly is just a little taller than the heater.

If you do get the 3ht make sure it has the high pressure coil in it.

When I first used a LG in a van, it sat near the back door on a 4 wheeled cart, and I had built a platform that extended outside the van. I would roll the LG heater onto the platform for use with my Steamway Ultramatic. Everything stayed in the van. I had 3 pieces of plywood that snapped into place around the heater for windy days. It worked well. I still have the cart, and the heater is mounted in the shop as a water heater for washing up.

Greenie

Jim Morrison said:
I would only use it for restaurants and super grungy jobs.

If ya do install one as a post heater, I'll bet ya end up keeping it, and running it all the time, especially in winter, high heat can be addicting...and when you think you've had enough high heat, and are happy with 240 but know it can make more...you can always bump your jets up a size and have high flow and high heat, time is money after all.

Yes, wind is an issue with any fuel fired boilier, keep them ventilated, but keep them protected.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
08-11-23littlegiantstand002.jpg

08-09RonsCanAm.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom