Little jumping bugs that bite??

Able 1

Name
Keith
Had a custy call me that said they have these bugs all over their house. I asked if they were bed bugs he said "no". He told me he had an exterminator that told him that "he should have his carpets steam cleaned" since he could not catch and identify the bug. :shock: He wants everything cleaned in his including upholesty. How would I decontaminate my equipment? Is this job going to be worth it? I think ozone might be there only option.. What do you think?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
little jumping bugs that bite??

bed bugs don't jump

this one sends a red flag...the exterminator couldn't find any.

Find out who the bug-be-gone guy is and talk to him.
cause the home owner might be a KOOK.
I'd be more concerned about that, than deconing the gear

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Good point meAt, he said they(the exterminator) just couldn't catch any to identify.. They are a tad bit nuts though I've cleaned for them for three or four years now. It takes them at least 15mins. to write the check :shock: nice people though.. I'll call and get more info tomorrow..

Name
Lee Stockwell
Fleas.

I could relate a few horror stories, but my wife just brought me a dessert, and I don't want to lose my appetite.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
This little bugs have given us some great customers over the years. Though typically most exterimantor companies ares supposed to treat the area for the bugs first Give it a week or two to be effective and then have us come in and steam clean. And customers will PAY during these times. Each job with upholstery and carpet always seems to net over 500.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I reckon Lee & Adam hammered it.

I think you will find, as sweendogg was alluding to, it's a two step process, but I have found better success with a slightly different approach.

Get the bug man in to do his bit.

Then have the carpets steam cleaned, the bugs are dead then and not jumping all over you.

Now, here's the clincher.

The bug man has killed off the live fleas, but there are still live baby fleas safe in their eggs.

Your heat from the steam cleaning will uncubate these eggs which then hatch, bringing on a new group of jumping, biting bugs.

The bug man should then come back in for a follow up kill.

What do you think ??

Ooroo,

:roll:

steve r

ive got a property manager that calls me for fleas occasionally. i go to wal mart and buy raid fumigators. they are a dry smoke and kill everything, maybe not the eggs. i give it a day or so and clean the hek out of it. you can apply micro ban x580 as a post treatment also.

his maintenance guys have tried it but they dont use enough of them or something. you have to close the place up tight and put one in every room and two in larger rooms.even if there isnt carpet in them.
i charge just under what the bug guy does on top of cleaning.

i would go out and look for myself if i were you. its an education for sure.

i have a friend who used borax also. she had a bad flea problem and couldnt get rid of them she spread borax all over her carpet and let it set for a couple hours and vacuumed. she hasnt had a problem since. i almost forgot about that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom