Live 2.5 on a Butler?

bonesheal

If I set my Butler reel up with a 2.5" hose attached to the live connection, would that be a waste of effort? With the 2" connection on the reel, I'm afraid the airflow would be affected too much to benefit.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bonesheal said:
If I set my Butler reel up with a 2.5" hose attached to the live connection, would that be a waste of effort? With the 2" connection on the reel, I'm afraid the airflow would be affected too much to benefit.

Doesn't Butler still have 2.5 coming off the tank to your hose reel...?

What we did..was cut a 6ft. piece of 2.5 hose & attach one end to the Waste tank...
Run the 6ft. to the side door..."between" the solutition reel & the hose reel."on the floor"..

Then attatch a 2.5 "cool cuff"...then pull off as much 2.5 hose as you need...and attach
to the "jumper hose" from the tank..!!! WE..always ran 50ft of 2.5..with a 50ft 2.0 hose
as a whip hose permantly attached as our leed hose.. :idea:
WE.also kept a 25 ft peice of 2.5 hose hanging in the back.. :wink:

MOST of our runs were less than 125 ft.. "the 25fter..mad it easy to set-up & break down.

bonesheal

Mine is set up with 8' of 2+2.5 to a y from the filter box. I just think it would be simpler to run the live reel. 2.5 hose is a handful.

Mikey P

Administrator
Either ditch the reel or make it a point to take all the hose off for every job. Butlers really come alive with 50 ft of 2.5 coming off them is what I hear from long time Butler die hards.

Since Greenie has abandoned the Board you should give Joe Bristor a call to get the parts needed.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dan.

50ft..of 2.5..really does make a BIG differance.!!!! "you do have the 5.8 vac..right.?"

Mike Draper

my port off my butler waste tank is 3'' so i go from that to 2.5" then have 135' of 2.5 on my reel. get rid of the live reel it sucks, in a bad way.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hooking up 2.5 inch hose to a 2 inch live Butler reel will defeat the purpose. You will have to pull off the reel what you need and hook it to a section of 2.5 inch hose from your tank. Butler does make a 2.5 inch hose reel and I have considered updating my 02 Butler to a new reel.

I do have the 2.5 inch hose reel on my new Butler, but I still only use what I need and have a "y" splitter and plug. I can send photos if you wish. PM me and I will send them to your email if you wish.

Mark Saiger
Saiger's Steam Clean, LLC

bonesheal

HARPER said:
Dan.

50ft..of 2.5..really does make a BIG differance.!!!! "you do have the 5.8 vac..right.?"

I have the 45 blower, but do those quotes mean that bumps it up that much?

That's what I was afraid of. Not a big deal, just would be nice to have that live reel.

Mikey P said:
Either ditch the reel or make it a point to take all the hose off for every job. Butlers really come alive with 50 ft of 2.5 coming off them is what I hear from long time Butler die hards.

Since Greenie has abandoned the Board you should give Joe Bristor a call to get the parts needed.

I've got a 2.5 hose that I bought from Joe a couple years ago. I stopped running it because it was a lot of trouble and the Butler reel is so small. I have 8' of 2.5 + 2 coming out of my filter box to a Y, but I'd rather do a single 2.5. Would I lose much by doing that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom