Logo

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm looking at getting a logo designed by a contest. I think Imbesi had done it last year too.

Who knows which site is the best to go with?

There are multiple logo contest sites..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't remember the site off hand...but I'll look into it.

I wasn't real happy with this one either.

OC_Steamer_logo-205x142.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea i need a logo to.....thought i had one, but the letters are used by another company

cleanway

Well, might be a good thought but I'd rather suggest you get it done the straight way from a professional logo designer.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
cleanway said:
Well, might be a good thought but I'd rather suggest you get it done the straight way from a professional logo designer.

Ok.... So why is that any better, than having multiple graphic designers from all over the world, work on the same project and compete against each other? Why should I limit it to one person? Competition brings the best out of people!

I guess you never really looked into how this works...

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
The biggest advantage I've found of using a local designer is this: Over the past 8 years I've contacted him numerous times to send the logo to different printers, to tweak the logo, to do graphics when I bought a new truck....etc.... I have no idea if you'd get the same service if they weren't local.

Bob Foster

$275? That's really expensive. You can get quality stuff for way less.

My cost for the contest was $75 PayPal and that included all the fine tuning and formats for print ready logo. Contestants came from all over the world.

DannyD

I'd use Phillip Newell from this board. He did some good designs for me. My g/f loved his work. I just need a tag line. The cost is $150, pretty reasonable & you'll have it in a day or so. He'll give ya 10 choices. If ya wanna see his examples for my company I can forward em to ya. Shoot me your email addy & I'll let ya see his work.

Marc Imbesi

Well, Bob, you WIN!, but I am really happy with my $300 investment. It beats using one person's ideas for the same price.

This is some of what I had to choose from....

Publication1.jpg

Publication2.jpg

Publication3.jpg

Bob Foster

Same here Mark. I think the top five choices I had to make were all good and they came from every corner of the world.

I put it out to my customers and female friends for them to pick one. Even so they choices were all over the place but I did use their guidance.

Getting a focus group of prospective or past customers is an excellent way of making a choice.

Jquint

DannyD said:
I'd use Phillip Newell from this board. He did some good designs for me. My g/f loved his work. I just need a tag line. The cost is $150, pretty reasonable & you'll have it in a day or so. He'll give ya 10 choices. If ya wanna see his examples for my company I can forward em to ya. Shoot me your email addy & I'll let ya see his work.

I'll second using Phillip, the guy is a stud and has a great eye for design.

I know someone mentioned "having ALL THESE CHOICES!!!!", um, Quality over Quantity?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom